2021 College Football -Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Nutkick City in Austin but I'll be dove hunting again this weekend. Game is at 7.

Using transitive properties Rice should kick Texas' ***....Hook'em none the less.
    Lets see smarty-pants!

Comment

2021 College Football -Week 3

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
      It makes no sense that he would ineligible for the season if he truly only had a scheduling issue. There has to be something else going on. If he transferred, he would get a new schedule if that is the only issue. I don't know, it just seems like something else is going on.

It’s apparently beyond that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
        Peter Burns
        @PeterBurnsESPN

Another interesting bit of info.

Clemson will have a cakewalk of a season with one loss to the #2 team in the country and probably glide right into the 3rd or 4th playoff spot over better 1 loss teams from the SEC
        Yes, Clemson's schedule isn't great but that list of ranked teams changes weekly........

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          Yes, Clemson's schedule isn't great but that list of ranked teams changes weekly........
          Some teams move up and down - but for the most part it's the same teams int he top 10-15 spots.

Point being the 'soft SEC schedule' narrative is bull-oney.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            Emery has been an absolute bust, however how on earth is this even possible ??? I’m extremely confused and this seems to be a typical cover up… which I’ll never understand why LSU wants to protect players that cost the team…
            IMO, this is 100% on Emery for not making the grades. He's majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies. About on par with Underwater Basket-weaving. The University does not want to embarrass the kid publicly and air his dirty laundry. The raving idiots on the RANT ran with a story that sounded half-way plausible and shifted the blame on LSU academic advisors.

That LSU.Prime IG account is from a fan who claims he has sauces. It has nothing to do with LSU. Just a dude looking for attention, posting click-bait material.

Here's my opinion of what happened, as I have no clue if this was the case

..... Emery likely enrolled in 12 hours (4 classes) during the Spring 2021 semester. He only received 9 hours credit since he either withdrew from, or possibly failed 1 class. In order to maintain athletic eligibility for the Fall 2021, he would have to enroll in Summer school and re-take the class if offered, or pass 3 credit hours from a course within his curriculum (Major).

LOTS of speculation on what happened. The truth will eventually come out. This is 100% FACT : If John Emery passes 12 credit hours in the Spring semester this topic doesn't exist.

LSU coaches, academic advisors, and tutors doing everything possible to help keep these kids eligible. They get to pick the classes and professors they want, they enroll in classes early before other students are allowed to, and they receive hands on tutoring 24/7 if needed. The same can be said for other Universities across the country.

Emery dropped the ball and only has himself to blame, not anyone else. This kid is 21 years old and has been part of the program for 3 years. Time for him to grow up and accept responsibility because as we all know, NOTHING is given to you in the real world.

Comment

They're killing Sarkisian on the Horn.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I predict the perceived lack of strength of schedule will actually hurt Clemson’s chances at season’s end. A 1 loss Pac12 Champ or even 1 loss SEC non champ might squeeze in ahead of them. What might actually help them, though, is if B1G and Big12 fail to find at least 2 competitive teams.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

DT McKinley Jackson will be back this week from suspension. I hope that Myles Jones will be ready to play too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    IMO, this is 100% on Emery for not making the grades. He's majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies. About on par with Underwater Basket-weaving. The University does not want to embarrass the kid publicly and air his dirty laundry. The raving idiots on the RANT ran with a story that sounded half-way plausible and shifted the blame on LSU academic advisors.

That LSU.Prime IG account is from a fan who claims he has sauces. It has nothing to do with LSU. Just a dude looking for attention, posting click-bait material.

Here's my opinion of what happened, as I have no clue if this was the case

..... Emery likely enrolled in 12 hours (4 classes) during the Spring 2021 semester. He only received 9 hours credit since he either withdrew from, or possibly failed 1 class. In order to maintain athletic eligibility for the Fall 2021, he would have to enroll in Summer school and re-take the class if offered, or pass 3 credit hours from a course within his curriculum (Major).

LOTS of speculation on what happened. The truth will eventually come out. This is 100% FACT : If John Emery passes 12 credit hours in the Spring semester this topic doesn't exist.

LSU coaches, academic advisors, and tutors doing everything possible to help keep these kids eligible. They get to pick the classes and professors they want, they enroll in classes early before other students are allowed to, and they receive hands on tutoring 24/7 if needed. The same can be said for other Universities across the country.

Emery dropped the ball and only has himself to blame, not anyone else. This kid is 21 years old and has been part of the program for 3 years. Time for him to grow up and accept responsibility because as we all know, NOTHING is given to you in the real world.

Agreed the whole emery experience has seemed extremely under whelming I’ll lose no sleep over 500 yards in 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      I predict the perceived lack of strength of schedule will actually hurt Clemson’s chances at season’s end. A 1 loss Pac12 Champ or even 1 loss SEC non champ might squeeze in ahead of them. What might actually help them, though, is if B1G and Big12 fail to find at least 2 competitive teams.

The Pac 12 is a disaster

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                        DT McKinley Jackson will be back this week from suspension. I hope that Myles Jones will be ready to play too.

We need both of them back for depth
                        purposes. Defense is going to have to
                        keep us in all of our games.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          I don't understand the Aggie fans logic on the QB situation. Wasn't the battle between King and Calzada very close? King barely getting the nod the week of game 1? Was he that great in the first game? He is a redshirt freshman with little experience just like Card. He may have struggled at Mile High as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It was reported that it was a very close completion in camp with King being the victor. Heck, A&M only listed a two-deep roster showing King and Calzada as the back-up. No mention of any other QBs. He’s a redshirt sophomore that was highly recruited. I think he’s got the skills. What he hasn’t had is the REPs. I don’t pretend to know what it’s like to go from clipboard holder to holding the reins of the team. I do know football though and it looked to me that the game was wayyyy too fast for him. His footwork sucked. He was jumpy on his reads and threw some poor balls (probably from his bad footwork). Can all that get ironed out? Absolutely, but I need to see it. He’s going to get a full week of practice and a home game against a cupcake. Then another full week before the showdown at Jerry World. There is time for him to get settled in and I trust Jimbo to figure it out and to scheme the game plan to benefit his deficiencies. The hogs game worries me. It has always been a competitive game despite our 9-0 current win streak. It’s gone to OT 3 times and been a 1 score finish in 5/9. He’ll have to make some serious strides over the next two weeks to win that one. I’m hoping he makes those strides, but I want to see it to believe it. Season is not lost and I’m not chicken little. We squeaked out a win with great defense and grit and heart. I’ll absolutely take that. Now just got to get Calzada up to speed and keep on rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                            It’s apparently beyond that

I can understand that. It just made no sense that he took the wrong class. Kid needs to get it together....likely not at LSU. I doubt he hangs around.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                              texas gives up 333 yards rushing and OVER 7 yards per play! everyone puts their focus on the quarterback. lol card is not the problem. FORTY POINTS dudes!

ark ran TWO more plays the entire game 66-64. NO interceptions! time of possession favored ark. by only 2 minutes, but lets put it on card. just stop.

He didn’t have a ton of time, but Card was 100% awful.

Comment

Clay Helton fired

Comment

Working...
                                X