X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    Finally got a double.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    I like the shotgun, that's nice. What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
      I like the shotgun, that's nice. What is it?
      Thanks. It's an 1895 Parker DH

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a nice gun. I have a 1901 L.C Smith, and then a Savage Model B. and a couple other 12 ga. shotguns. The bores on the L.C Smith at the muzzle end, look more like 20 ga. barrels than 12 ga. They are small. I measured them awhile back, they are quite a bit smaller than any of my other 12 ga. shotguns. I read that the gun you have, had had the barrels opened up. I don't know if that could be done with the gun I have, the OD of the barrels, is also a lot smaller than any of my other 12 ga. guns. That L.C Smith is a tight choked gun, it makes some small patterns out there a ways. It's a good squirrel gun, but I am going to bet the Savage double barrel I have, is a better dove gun. Neither of my double barrels look as nice as the one you have.

Comment

Opening was a little slow as I hunt my usual spot but it hadn't been cut yet. Thick grass and weeds. Shot 6 and got stung by some hornets. Hunted the 3rd and 4th at a new spot by a tank. Quick and easy limits both hunts. Near Taylor.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

We finished up our last hunt on our Brownsville trip yesterday. It did not disappoint. This is the place to be for dove!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We hunted the special white wing opener, i don’t know what our final count was but a few of us got limits and everyone did plenty of shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
                We finished up our last hunt on our Brownsville trip yesterday. It did not disappoint. This is the place to be for dove!

We’re headed down there on the 15th for a 3 day hunt. Hopefully it will still be this good!

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                  We hunted the special white wing opener, i don’t know what our final count was but a few of us got limits and everyone did plenty of shooting.

Man I like that bird lanyard where did you get that ???

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post
                    Man I like that bird lanyard where did you get that ???
                    I got it from a guy on Instagram toteemduck, looks like he has a Facebook page also.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                      I got it from a guy on Instagram toteemduck, looks like he has a Facebook page also.

That looks great. With my poor shooting skills I end up chasing down and pulling the heads off half my doves. [emoji846]. It would not be a good investment on my part.

Comment

Limited yesterday in Throckmorton

Big storm just rolled through. So no high hopes. Been here 10 minutes and shot 3 for 3 though
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                          That looks great. With my poor shooting skills I end up chasing down and pulling the heads off half my doves. [emoji846]. It would not be a good investment on my part.

Follow up shot on the way down.....

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

Big storm just rolled through. So no high hopes. Been here 10 minutes and shot 3 for 3 though
                            Good looking pup

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

Great looking Brittany! Mine had almost identical markings. We lost him this year. Who did you get yours from?

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                                Great looking Brittany! Mine had almost identical markings. We lost him this year. Who did you get yours from?
                                Flying O kennels. Last I heard on here “Ed” was having health issues and sold all his dogs to a breeder in Longview

She has more “hunt dead” than any upland dog I’ve ever seen… and some labs. Lol

Fun to watch. Duck hunts in ice too

Comment

Working...
                                X