No announcement yet.

2021 Hurricane Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im just down the street from Black Ice and we're here for the show. Just don't like that Ida and Katrina will have both hit on August 29.

Comment

Praying for you guys. My family isn’t leaving Baton Rouge so hoping they are fine.

Comment

Ida is strengthening. Pressures down to the 950s. Winds up to 115mph. We have a Cat 3.

Comment

It’s just about over us now. It feels rougher than 113. Can’t see how big the seas are but they gotta be pushing upper 40s. The eye should be coming over us in a couple hours. Hold on to your hats boys, it’s the biggest one I’ve had to ride out on a drill ship. Hope my truck makes it in Houma. We’re about 76 miles South of N.O. Good luck to everyone on the bank.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
            It’s just about over us now. It feels rougher than 113. Can’t see how big the seas are but they gotta be pushing upper 40s. The eye should be coming over us in a couple hours. Hold on to your hats boys, it’s the biggest one I’ve had to ride out on a drill ship. Hope my truck makes it in Houma. We’re about 76 miles South of N.O. Good luck to everyone on the bank.
            And the highest winds are yet to come, good luck!

Which vessel are you on?

Comment

This thing picked up a lot of speed, right? I swear yesterday I looked and if sad gonna it around 7 pm, now I look and it’s 8 am

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                This thing picked up a lot of speed, right? I swear yesterday I looked and if sad gonna it around 7 pm, now I look and it’s 8 am
                Swear I wasn’t drunk when I posted this. *and it said it was going to hit

Comment

HH finding flight level winds near 170MPH and 150 or so At the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                    HH finding flight level winds near 170MPH and 150 or so At the surface.

The StormGeo forecast we get for work at 3:19am stated that rapid to explosive intensification was occurring. Now bearing down on Houma. I got friends there that chose to ride it out. I’m worried for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                      The StormGeo forecast we get for work at 3:19am stated that rapid to explosive intensification was occurring. Now bearing down on Houma. I got friends there that chose to ride it out. I’m worried for them.

Just got another update. Sustained 145 gusting to 160 with further intensification before making landfall. Heavy tropical storm squalls currently moving through New Orleans, landfall expected in Port Fourchon.

Comment

Seeing 150. Closing in on cat 5 status, with a couple more hours left over water.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                          Seeing 150. Closing in on cat 5 status, with a couple more hours left over water.
                          Yep. Possible cat 5 at landfall. Either way Gonna be real bad. Prayers to all those in it’s path.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                            Yep. Possible cat 5 at landfall. Either way Gonna be real bad. Prayers to all those in it’s path.
                            Absolutely. Like I said earlier in this thread, these hurricanes always make me feel bad. The relief of not being hit by one is always overshadowed by the knowledge that this means it’s hitting someone else.

Comment

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/sat/...09L&product=ir prayers for all going up.

Comment

Heavenly Father, I pray that you put a hedge of protection around those in the path of this storm. Please watch over them and keep them safe. Thank you Lord for all that you do. Amen.

Comment

Working...
                                X