2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
    Hey Curt. Good info . I know you don’t know who this is but you and Jenny used to come to my restaurant when y’all come to the lake. It’s been awhile. Hope all is well.
    LeBlanc's?

Comment

Yes sir.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
        Im super excited myself to get back to bow hunting after taking a year off. I been leasing this 563 acres from the paper company for 10 years and they just finished up the first thinning about a month ago. Its about 300 acres of pine and 260 acres of hardwood bottoms with a big creek. Im going this weekend to do some work and pull cards on 2 new spots I set up a month ago. This one I really like!
        Whereabouts is your lease? I'm over in your neck of the woods in Chireno.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          I used to Hunt in Chireno on the Attoyac

Comment

Originally posted by Crabtrap View Post
            Agreed, Like Bob Ross said.. Lets sprinkle a little yellow out on the horizon, Wow isn't that beautiful when a mess comes together..
            What the heck are you smoking [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bachelor groups a plenty.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

For some odd reason my bachelor groups have been non existent and very good at hiding. I’m assuming it’s because of all the browse they’ve had this year. I can account for maybe three 1 1/2 year old bucks all summer long. In the past I never see any target bucks show up until they are in hard horn but always have younger groups at the protein feeders. But not many of them this year. I have no problem feeding year round even though the bucks aren’t benefiting the does are so their in good physical condition for fawning season and after. But I’m sure glad others are starting to post pictures of some good bucks though cause I’ve been starving over here. All in all I’m fortunate to know that they are still around and they will show up all in the same week. It’s like someone flips a switch. The last 2 seasons I have watched a good 4 1 /2 year old that just needed one more year. Each time that particular buck will stay and be very visible all season long and making a gluten out of himself on the protein. But in late January they will always leave regardless of food supply and not be seen again until late Sept. or early Oct. But both of the last 2 seasons they have come back and allowed me to take them at 5 1/2. I’ve always wondered if they were still on the property or 5 miles away.

Comment

Got a new stand set up this past weekend and started getting things together to plant in about a month. Pulled cards and had plenty of doe but only one buck which is very surprising as we finished last year with several different bucks who were all looking good. The only one I have right now is not legal at all he basically grows straight up. I'm sure the others will show up eventually. The doe have really been hammering the protein which is awesome (although getting expensive) and tearing up the mineral sites. Needless to say the girls are looking healthy lol and the fawns are looking good as well. Getting more excited by the day

Comment

I haven't seen a bachelor party yet at my place in Burkeville. Does have been hitting the feeders like clockwork. The fawns have finally made an appearance on camera. I have one spike that is a regular but thats about it for bucks.

The hogs are still doing what hogs do.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking forward to October.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                        Yes sir.
                        We enjoy the place!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          We are in Rosevine off 103 right between San Augustine and Hemphill.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            Im super excited myself to get back to bow hunting after taking a year off. I been leasing this 563 acres from the paper company for 10 years and they just finished up the first thinning about a month ago. Its about 300 acres of pine and 260 acres of hardwood bottoms with a big creek. Im going this weekend to do some work and pull cards on 2 new spots I set up a month ago. This one I really like!
                            Very nice.
                            Any idea how long ago they planted the pines that were thinned?

Comment

Very young fawn in Leon county.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                                Very nice.
                                Any idea how long ago they planted the pines that were thinned?
                                They were about 4 ft to 6ft tall when I started leasing the property 10 years ago so I figure about 2 years old maybe. First thinning this year which was every 4th row and in 5 years they will come and take out every 2nd row and then cut the remaining and plant again in 10 years. The lease has been great just really thick until now. The forester said the next 10 years will be the best with it getting better and better each year. I look at those pics and its crazy to imagine those trees were 5ft tall on average 10 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X