2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those looks good EastTx

My cowpeas got drowned out by the heavy rains we had in may. Lost all 5 plots
    $1000 down the drain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
      Dang, looking good.

Hope it holds out a couple/few more months.

Do you sit over just the food plot during the season, or do you put down some hand corn also?

J
      I'll plow it up towards the end up September and do a Winter pea/ oat mix.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
        I'll plow it up towards the end up September and do a Winter pea/ oat mix.

Ahh, ok. Cool.

Looking forward to more pics later.

J

Comment

Sunflowers are blooming!

Comment

Went out this past week and filled protein which they are hammering and pulled cards. They definitely look healthier at this point than previous years. Got a new stand that I need to put up. Going to be a good season

Comment

Went out to my Trinity Co place and set my feeder up and checked out the pastures. The grass is well over 5ft tall in places. Needs a good mowing once i feel better there wont be fawns laid down in it.

Feeder battery was dead. So i went ahead and filled it anyway and poured a little down on the ground. Had visitors pretty quickly. One young buck and a few fat does. I really need to start feeding protein any way that I can.
              Mid-late september, i will disc it up real good and put down some winter wheat in a half circle around my stand location on the field edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yall are doin way better than me. Ive had a protein feeder out for almost 2 months and not a single deer. Hardly any deer coming to corn feeders either. I may have bought the wrong property

Comment

Doh! [emoji2359]

Comment

I went to ETX this weekend, set up the feeder and tripod and filled the feeders. I know the tripod is out in the open but it's so thick I can't get it any further back. I have a tractor and brush hog but no disc so, I do not plant food plots at all. If you have any advice to pull a buck in, please share. Thanks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                      I went to ETX this weekend, set up the feeder and tripod and filled the feeders. I know the tripod is out in the open but it's so thick I can't get it any further back. I have a tractor and brush hog but no disc so, I do not plant food plots at all. If you have any advice to pull a buck in, please share. Thanks.
                      I feel like you would see more bucks in general if you took the tripod feeders down. Instead, mow out that pipeline as wide as you can, then hang the feeders in the air using one of the tree limbs that's hanging out over the ROW.
                      Rent a disc and plant the ROW's around October 20th with Buck Forage oats. Get you a couple of bags of rice bran and dump a couple of piles out on that ROW as well

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
                        I feel like you would see more bucks in general if you took the tripod feeders down. Instead, mow out that pipeline as wide as you can, then hang the feeders in the air using one of the tree limbs that's hanging out over the ROW.
                        Rent a disc and plant the ROW's around October 20th with Buck Forage oats. Get you a couple of bags of rice bran and dump a couple of piles out on that ROW as well

X2 plus every etx deer in the world will bust you in that tripod stand that close and out in the open… not to be rude just tryin to help out [emoji1374]

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                          X2 plus every etx deer in the world will bust you in that tripod stand that close and out in the open… not to be rude just tryin to help out [emoji1374]

Definitely making it more challenging. Going to limit your movement.

Might be able to clear out more brush to the right and tuck it behind that to at least help a little. But then your shooting area and lane will be less.

J

Comment

2021-22 east texas season

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post

Ditch the tripod and get a popup. Tuck it
                            in that thick mess with a good entry trail.

An aerial photo would help with placement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not trying to be negative or anything, but I agree with everyone else above. That tripod is way too far out in the open. Jamming it in some of that thick stuff would be way better.

You don’t need a disc to plant food plots. You’ll want some kind of a chemical spray rig. Spray that lane, wait a week or two to make sure you get a good kill, then broadcast the seed. Then mow over. There’s a bunch of good threads on here. Good luck

Comment

Those of y’all with experience hunting planted pines, hoping y’all can help me out. The new lease I’m on is 90%+ planted pines. Some harvested areas, but very little patches of hard woods on the property. I set up a feeder in an oak flat covered in white oaks several weeks ago but nothing is coming to the feeder yet. I assume this spot won’t have any traffic until acorns start falling? I’m kind of assuming that and hoping I’m right. Everything is pretty green out there so I’m sure there is tons of browse.

Comment

Working...
                                X