Pbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pbs

Just curious if anybody on here is a pbs regular member? I’m lookin for a regular member to sponsor me in the regular member application

I was a member, but not regular member. I had some conflicts with some of their “rules”, so I just let my membership lapse.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Public television has rules?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        I was a member, but not regular member. I had some conflicts with some of their “rules”, so I just let my membership lapse.

Bisch

“REGULAR” is not a word I would use to describe Mr. Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          Public television has rules?

Kind of what I was wondering.

Comment

I just joined last year. We need to make some of the hunts or gatherings to get the regular members to know us personally

Comment

I did a quick google search fellas, "Professional Bowhunters Society".

I am inclined to now make a group and call it BBC.. "Backyard Bowmen Coalition"

On a serious note, I would be less inclined to join simply because of the "Professional" in the name. I have learned that using such verbiage brings great ego along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                I just joined last year. We need to make some of the hunts or gatherings to get the regular members to know us personally
                Yeah think that will be the way to go.

Comment

Yeah I'm not sure what to think of the part about "HF kills don't count towards your total but must be listed anyway".

Comment

I got a ways to go before anyone would "pay" to hunt and thus be a Pro Bowhunter. Rank Amateur is more my style!

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                      I got a ways to go before anyone would "pay" to hunt and thus be a Pro Bowhunter. Rank Amateur is more my style!
                      Well my limb tip notvthe top of the blind so the arrow flew high and only trimmed a couple of feathers. Rank amateur can happen regardless of experience level.

Comment

The term professional is explained in their info.

I was an associate member for years.

Good organization. Good people. Great magazine.

I finally realized that I had too much Texas redneck in me. I was gonna hunt over a feeder. I’d hunt an axis etc in a high fence especially after I realized that a lot of those guys hunt wood lots smaller than ranches in Tx. I knew I’d never get to become a regular member.

I love Don Thomas’s writing but me and him had a big blowout on Tradgang several yrs ago.

It was funny that one of the founders IMed me and told me privately that he agreed with me but I still got chastised publicly.

Comment

Sounds like an elitist circle jerk, I'll happily keep my amateur stripes.

Comment

Pbs

Mike(M.E.B.), that’s about the same experience I had, but without the public flogging on TG. There was a guy on TG that started a thread about a membership drive they were having. I PM’ed him, and his responses got me to thinking this would be a cool organization to be a part of. Heck, it probably is anyway.

Anyway, I joined up, and several weeks later I got a membership packet in the mail. All looked good till I started reading a little card that had their tenets listed on it. One of them was that members would NOT hunt in a high fence. Another was that members would NOT hunt at night. Their were several others also, but those two struck me, as I have hunted inside a high fence several times and knew I would do so again, and I have hunted pigs a lot at night and knew I would do that more also.

I PM’ed the guy who recruited me about this and his response was very nonchalant. He basically said “Oh, it’s OK because it’s legal there. I’ve done those things too”.

Now, this seemed very hypocritical to me; to put forward a tenet or belief and then totally disregard it when it conflicted with something you are gonna do.

Anyway, that’s my story. I’m sure 99% of the guys in PBS are great guys, and I don’t have anything against them. I just let my membership lapse because I couldn’t be part of that hypocrisy by saying one thing and then doing another.

Mike (OP), sorry if I got your thread derailed a bit. I hope you find a regular member to get your sponsorship for you.

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 05-10-2021, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              Mike(M.E.B.), that’s about the same experience I had, but without the public flogging on TG. There was a guy on TG that started a thread about a membership drive they were having. I PM’ed him, and his responses got me to thinking this would be a cool organization to be a part of. Heck, it probably is anyway.

Anyway, I joined up, and several weeks later I got a membership packet in the mail. All looked good till I started reading a little card that had their tenets listed on it. One of them was that members would NOT hunt in a high fence. Another was that members would NOT hunt at night. Their were several others also, but those two struck me, as I have hunted inside a high fence several times and knew I would do so again, and I have hunted pigs a lot at night and knew I would do that more also.

I PM’ed the guy who recruited me about this and his response was very nonchalant. He basically said “Oh, it’s OK because it’s legal there. I’ve done those things too”.

Now, this seemed very hypocritical to me; to put forward a tenet or belief and then totally disregard it when it conflicted with something you are gonna do.

Anyway, that’s my story. I’m sure 99% of the guys in PBS are great guys, and I don’t have anything against them. I just let my membership lapse because I couldn’t be part of that hypocrisy by saying one thing and then doing another.

Mike (OP), sorry if I got your thread derailed a bit. I hope you find a regular member to get your sponsorship for you.

Bisch

I agree 100%

Comment

Working...
                              X