Brighter headlights for 2020 Chevy Silverado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
    kinda agree, on the blinding other ain't the answer. i had cataracts, and would easily be blinded, got them removed and its not as bad, but those super brite LEDS or whatever they are sux! just saying

There is a huge difference in quality of led bulbs. Many only advertise lumens but they suck on beam focus. 80% of the crap on Amazon probably fall in that category. I spent a bit of time researching to find some that had good focus. When I installed them they have a very hard line between bright and not. They can be adjusted/turned inside the fixture to get the correct line. I spent the time with them shining on the garage door to fine tune them. I rarely get an oncoming driver flash. The brand I bought is Hikari. The model I bought isn’t made but they have newer models. I find that anything cheaper than $40 is most likely junk that may be bright but will blind oncoming traffic. I replaced bulbs in a 2001, 2002, 2006 and 2011 F150. I really like them. Much better beam and like I said we don’t get flashed. I even stood out in street 50 yds from truck and the light line was so distinct that I could stand tall and not be blinded but if I squatted I had to squint. I was ready to return them in an instance if they didn’t work but was pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Maybe you need glasses?

Factory headlights are better than they've ever been...blinding the people coming toward you is not the answer, imo.
      This is so right. I get so ****** off they should outlaw them

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
        I know that when driving at night in my 2020 1500 Silverado, I constantly have people flashing their bright lights at me because they think I have my high beams on. Mine are stock
        Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Maybe you need glasses?

Factory headlights are better than they've ever been...blinding the people coming toward you is not the answer, imo.
          Got them already going on almost 10 yrs. And new glasses in December.

Comment

Working...
          X