No announcement yet.

Copperhead killing spree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to a guy's house in Sweeny for an ETHS "field trip" he has been dealing with the same thing for years and lets ETHS folks come out and catch them if they want.

We caught 30-something baby copperheads that night, some folks kept them, some folks sold them.

Said he killed all he could find for years and there was no effect on them, he finally just gave up and started dealing with them because the only other option was to move or risk getting bitten going out and dinking around with em trying to kill them every night.

Comment

Pretty cool. I guess I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact of you going out with no shoes???

Comment

wow

Comment

I stepped out of a Bronco in Tarpley and was standing on one a few inches from its head
          It kept biting my boot top. I asked the realtor “any snakes here”. He said never seen one.
          “ Just come around here im standing on one.” He jumped out with a beatup sawed off pool cue stick and beat the crap out of it. I bought the place anyway.

Funny copperhead story but it happened to me.

Comment

You are one bad dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
              I've seen them popping up left and right during cicada blooms, pretty neat, I can imagine it would be unnerving for some folks.

But "coming towards you" ?? c'mon bruh... they don't come after people. lol
              Pretty sure he meant coming his direction. I didn’t read that as they were coming to get him.

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
                I’d be putting some shoes on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I’d be putting on snake proof boots

Comment

That is pretty cool to me but I do not have to deal with the issue.
                  Keep us informed with pics if this trend continues.

Comment

Used to have a ton on our place where I grew up but nothing like that!

Comment

I'd abandon the property and burn it and the house

Comment

Did you get a suspiciously good deal on that house by any chance?

Comment

Oh My! My neighbor just killed 2 in their yard. Now I'm going to have to go on night patrol. Good grief.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseyebob View Post
                            I stepped out of a Bronco in Tarpley and was standing on one a few inches from its head
                            It kept biting my boot top. I asked the realtor “any snakes here”. He said never seen one.
                            “ Just come around here im standing on one.” He jumped out with a beatup sawed off pool cue stick and beat the crap out of it. I bought the place anyway.

Funny copperhead story but it happened to me.
                            I love the Tarpley area, just driving through I always would have figured more rattlers than copperheads though.

Comment

I was mowing under my oak trees the other day and one of those locust feel out of the tree into my lap. I bet it was knocked out of the tree by a 10 ft copperhead. I guess that side of the yard will return to is natural state because I doubt I could bring myself to mow it again.

Comment

Aw man.... spotlighting copperheads is fun! Especially when it's in someone else's yard. Perhaps you should post your 1.5 acres snake lease and see if there are any takers?

Comment

Working...
                                X