No announcement yet.

Copperhead killing spree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be awesome. Some pretty good money to be had there.

Comment

Id be getting a crap load of cats

Comment

get rid of food source.and cover they prefer and they go.....

I had similar problem along Front of house Hedges..Always loaded with Gekos and Camelion lizards....I removed Hedges and have not seen copperhead since....

I dont advocate cutting down tree but maybe spray ground to kill (cicadas) if its a option ...then there food source is gone

Comment

I’d set the whole place on fire

Comment

Skins should b worth something

Comment

This happened at my parents a couple of years ago. My son was mowing the yard and killed about twenty in a couple of hours. They were almost all sitting around the base of different oak trees. They would move when the mower went by and he would shoot them with a .22 pistol with rat shot.

Comment

that's incredible!!

Comment

Just feeding on the locust crawling out of the ground. I'm sure they have been eating there a long time.

Comment

Old man told us a while back that if you have a bright light, go out in the summer and you will see copperheads especially if the light shines on a oak tree.

Comment

Wow. I’ve got a couple of live oaks in my front yard & I see the sheds of those cicadas all over my trees. I need to keep an eye out for this

Comment

I've seen them popping up left and right during cicada blooms, pretty neat, I can imagine it would be unnerving for some folks.

But "coming towards you" ?? c'mon bruh... they don't come after people. lol

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFl2fuX7sL8"]Southern Copperhead eating a Cicada Nymph. - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Got milk

Comment

I've read several articles about this very thing. No copperheads here at the house, but I do kill a few every year at the Farm.

Texas Parks and Wildlife magazine, the Outdoor Magazine of Texas: When cicadas emerge, these snakes congregate in large groups for a big meal.

There was another really good article published out of A&M, but I can't seem to find it now.

Comment

No copperheads in my part of the world but I've had fox, coons,skunks, and armadillos in the yard for the same reason, as much stuff eats them you'd think cicadas would go extinct here any day now.

Comment

Working...
                                X