No announcement yet.

Semi auto shotgun thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M1 super 90 for the last 30 years I guess. Shotgun that lasts a lifetime.

Comment

1976 Rem 1100 12 ga
      2 Belgium Brownings A5. 12 ga
      Ithaca Mag 10

All wood, no plastic

Comment

Benelli Super Vinci 12
        Benelli M2 12
        Beretta A400 Xplor 20
        Win SX4 20
        Stoeger M3K 12 for 3-gun Competition

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
          ThisLadyHunts,

I took a photo of the shells I mainly use. Starting on the left, I use Winchester AA's in #8 shot for sporting clays, trap, quail and dove. I use Fiocchi Golden Pheasant #5 or #6 shot for pheasant, sage grouse, chukars and blue grouse. I use Winchester Steel Shot in #5 or #6 shot for ducks and geese. I will also use Hevi Bismuth #4 shot for ducks and geese but it is pretty expensive.

On ducks and geese, you definitely are not using a 28 gauge to sky bust. I use mine when in a pit blind or layout blind when the birds are right on top of you and at the most 30 yards out. I will also use it for pass shooting on the river of jump shooting ponds but one thing using a 28 gauge will teach you is effective kill range. It definitely cures you from sky busting and popping off rounds at birds 50-60+ yards out.

The 28 is a joy to shoot and you can carry it all day and not even know you are packing it because it is very light. I rarely even take my 12's out of the safe any more except to shoot sporting clays sometimes.

[ATTACH]1047391[/ATTACH]

Great information! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Original H & K SBE and my grandfathers Remington Model 11.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Those double barrel heathens don’t get all the fun.

Show those high capacity, sky bustin, geese slayin, clay bustin rigs

A400 Sporting 30” 12 gauge

A400 Extreme 28” 12 gauge 3.5”

SBE3 28” 12 gauge 3.5”

I shoulda kept the couple of 20 gauge A400s SBE is new. I’m a big Beretta fan. See how I like it. It’s way different than my berettas.

Of course the picture turns sideways every time now. Come on mods! Fix that glitch
              [ATTACH]1046994[/ATTACH]
              Extreme or SBE which one is the keeper if you only can have one?

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                Extreme or SBE which one is the keeper if you only can have one?
                Just got the SBE3 and haven’t shot it. They both feel way different. The extreme is the softest recoiling 3.5” gun I’ve shot. If I was to bet, the much smaller SBE isn’t gonna be very soft shooting. I prefer the way the SBE feels. Will see. I’ve shot a ton of rounds through A400s

Comment

I have 2 - a Beretta Pintail in 12ga 3" Mag, and a 28ga Tristar Viper G2. The other shotgun is my 1972 vintage 870 12ga. The Tristar was purchased as a low-cost entry to the 28ga world, and it's now really the only one I want to shoot (I did take a deer with the Beretta last season, so there's that).

Click image for larger version

Name:	s1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	24649787

I always thought I'd step down to a 20ga in my older years, but REALLY like the 28. And, it doesn't hurt that I can still find 28ga shells on the shelf even in this current panic.

Stu

Comment

A lot of people don't realize how good ballistically good the 28 ga really is. I would put it up against the 20 ga any day of the week. I love mine and rarely shoot my 12's any more except maybe a few sporting clays.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                      A lot of people don't realize how good ballistically good the 28 ga really is. I would put it up against the 20 ga any day of the week. I love mine and rarely shoot my 12's any more except maybe a few sporting clays.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I just got a set of Briley sidekick tubes in 28g for my Caesar and wow. Shot them for the first time today and I love them, a great patterning shell with the weight of my 12g so it has basically no recoil. I will be buying a 20g set as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I broke in the Fabarm XLR5 waterfowler yesterday at the ABC clays event in Houston. I got the 30" barrel and I must say it was flawless. I wanted something to replace my old 390 12ga for dove/duck and it certainly lived up to the hype. I generally prefer beretta because I like gas driven autos but decided to switch things up a bit wit hthe Fabarm. It points and fits me just like the 390 and A400 but the finish on the XLR5 is much better. I wasn't able to find any rough machined edges on internals and I am not entirely sure how/why but the gun is super easy to load. It doesn't try to eat your fingernail off when you load the mag tube like some will and takes no effort at all to get the shell fully seated. The only odd thing that takes a bit to get used to is the bolt release being on the left side of the gun. Other than that, I would highly recommend! I know most are probably not familiar with the Fabarm line so I included the link below. The lead time on these is less than great but I think it was worth the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                          I broke in the Fabarm XLR5 waterfowler yesterday at the ABC clays event in Houston. I got the 30" barrel and I must say it was flawless. I wanted something to replace my old 390 12ga for dove/duck and it certainly lived up to the hype. I generally prefer beretta because I like gas driven autos but decided to switch things up a bit wit hthe Fabarm. It points and fits me just like the 390 and A400 but the finish on the XLR5 is much better. I wasn't able to find any rough machined edges on internals and I am not entirely sure how/why but the gun is super easy to load. It doesn't try to eat your fingernail off when you load the mag tube like some will and takes no effort at all to get the shell fully seated. The only odd thing that takes a bit to get used to is the bolt release being on the left side of the gun. Other than that, I would highly recommend! I know most are probably not familiar with the Fabarm line so I included the link below. The lead time on these is less than great but I think it was worth the wait.

https://fabarmusa.com/xlr5-waterfowl...-timber-viper/

I demo’d a L4S sporting couple years ago and wow. Great shooting guns. I pretty much switched over to 20ga and if they ever make a 20 I’ll own one.

Comment

I have a Benelli Cordova 20ga. I love that shotgun.
                            I had a Teknys 20 but it would always start to jam after it started to get hot. It was such a sweet shooting gun tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
                              I demo’d a L4S sporting couple years ago and wow. Great shooting guns. I pretty much switched over to 20ga and if they ever make a 20 I’ll own one.

I have been using my A400 20ga more over the last year or two but the XLR5 kick was very mild for a 12ga. I don't know if it was due to its weight or if the gas system dampens the recoil more but it certainly felt less than my 390 12ga and that to me has always been a pretty light recoil. Now the A400 20ga is basically nothing, so it certainly was more noticeable than that but still very very mild. I was extremely impressed. This is the first time I have purchased anything without shooting first and was a bit worried how it would turn out. If they start making a 20ga semi I will definitely have one..... or five!

Comment

Benelli SBEII
                                Benelli M2 20
                                Beretta 391 Urika 12
                                M2 and the 391 shoot about the same, but the M2 is very light. But on the hunt for a SBEI and a M1 if anyone knows where some are for sale!

Comment

Working...
                                X