• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've shot several with it. Works

Comment

Yep they work well.

Comment

I’ve killed a ton with a 17 HMR. 17 Mach 2 works well also. They aren’t water buffaloes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Killed one with a 17HMR after a long frustrating turkey season during the drought year 2011 on my last available trip. Shot him at 60 yards in the vitals as he was once again skirting me. He was dead in 20 yards. Haven't used it since but it was **** lethal on that turkey.

Comment

17 will do it.. i'd aim for the head or neck preferably base of the neck when they stretch up.. last turkey i called came in to 7 yards .. buddy was right behind me and shot 20g and missed .. put a crater in the ground , pattern was too tight for that close.. lucky he shot again after turkey stumbled around and moved away a little... i've only shot one during rifle season with 243 and there was nothing left of the bird , I won't do that again... fun of it is calling them in close ... if you are going to rifle shoot one , then all calibers will wind drift , and bird will move .. it all comes down to marksmanship and 17 is definitely capable... 22-250 to the body and there won't be much left to eat. not to mention a heck of a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
              Sorry for the incorrect statement above.

Dang ive been bow only for the last 30 years so not up on laws for firearms but could swear it use to be illegal.
              It was

Comment

I shot one of the biggest Gobblers I've ever killed with a 22 mag. I shot him six times, and hit him every time. The last shot was at 80 yards and it broke his back and leg. When I cleaned him, I realized I hit him everytime, just there's a lot of places you can shoot a turkey with a .22 and he can run off. I think a .17 HMR would be more effective. In my experience, more accurate, and just know where to put it.

Comment

Killed several with my dads 22 mag and been wanting to do it with my .17 for a number of years but it’s just so much fun with a shotgun it’s hard to do. If I’m hunting with a buddy a lot of times I’ve brought my shotgun and 17 in case the bird hangs up out of shotgun range but hasn’t happened yet.

I’d say do it, head shot, but if not able to one to the vitals from the side or back would easily take one down.

Comment

17 from behind where the neck meets the body... lights out...some flapping action.

Comment

22 mag works great on them!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I accidentally shot 2 with one shot once. They both died right there. 17 hmr did it

Comment

167 paces in the base of the neck.

Pewww flop

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X