Baffin Bay Floating Cabin Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
    Yes I have it’s a very nice set up. Good places to park boats out of the wind. Big covered porch. Bathroom is inside shower out side in generator room. Good fishing at night. I’ve got tons of trout in the lights. No cell service in the land cut he has a cell booster when generator is going plenty of service to call out. Ac works great. Fully furnished with cooking pots and pans. You will need sleeping bags. Has bbq pit outside. It’s a fun set up I love it there.
    I like the location and the cabin looks good in the pictures. I’ll probably book it for a different trip in the couple months. FYI - The old “speckled trout double rig” will pull in doubles all night under the lights. After the first one is hooked, reel it in a little slower and a second one will grab on.

Comment

Bump

Comment

I stated in all the cabins back when Capt. Carl ran them.

Back then, the rate was reasonable.

They were nice, but do go thinking 5 star. They were semi clean, but did have roaches. Also, everyone for the last 5 years has left what ever there, so, it can be a little cluttered in the kitchen. Plan on cleaning everything before using it.

We would venture out during the day and fish the lights at night. The AC blew cold and someone always had to be on generator patrol. That was never an issue as someone would always stay up in the week hours of the morning fishing.

Typical trout inter the lights. You will catch 1 keeper for every 10-25 you catch, unless you know how to target the larger fish. You either visually cast to them or fish the dark edges of the light and throw larger baits.

The cabin in the mouth of Rocky Slough, you could wade right off the deck. We caught some good fish off those spoils.

Biggest issue will be getting there and back if you do not have a boat/s.

This was back when, so I don’t know how the new owners are keeping them.
        Last edited by Greenheadless; 02-16-2020, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I've stayed in the landcut cabin that used to be Captain Carl's several times. Always had great trips out there. We take two boats for safety. We haven't been in two years and just booked with Laguna Adventures for late March. I can report on what it is like under Justin's command when we get back, but I know we will have a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            I'd go land cut. The wind can be brutal on Baffin.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
            Probably the most important post so far. I have an acquaintance with a cabin at compuerta pass, I believe he rents. If Baffin is a must I’ll find out later today, otherwise the cut is where I would be.

Comment

Compuerta is usually pretty good this time of year, my favorite place during the cooler months and not much boat traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                Probably the most important post so far. I have an acquaintance with a cabin at compuerta pass, I believe he rents. If Baffin is a must I’ll find out later today, otherwise the cut is where I would be.
                Baffin or Landcut will work.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Reviving this thread and looking for any recent reviews. Considering making a trip with 4 friends to the Land Cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ATXArcher View Post
                      Reviving this thread and looking for any recent reviews. Considering making a trip with 4 friends to the Land Cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Looking too...has to be better options out there than 350/night

Comment

Working...
                      X