How to Upload/Post Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Upload/Post Photos

Probably the biggest learning curve that I anticipate on the new forum is uploading a photo and having it show within the text of your message as a photo instead of a link to a photo. It's actually pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Here's my attempt at explaining it...

How to Upload Photos:
    1. Upload your photo(s) before you post your message. Simply click on the paper clip icon in the message box, browse to the file and select upload.
    2. Then, type in your message. When you get to the place in your message where you want to add a photo, click the dropdown next to the paperclip (after your photos have been uploaded). You'll see a list of the photos that you just uploaded. Click on the one you want to insert here.
    3. Continue typing your message, and each place where you want to add a photo, repeat the step above. It should insert the proper code, and your photo will show as a photo instead of a link.

How to post YouTube Videos

Because of the lack of policing and ever present offensive comments posted with YouTube videos on their website, we have always asked members not to post links to there as we want to maintain the family environment here on TBH.

However, we now have a YouTube embedment function available to be able to embed YouTube videos into your posts.

To utilize this feature do the following:

Copy the YouTube video name text and the name text only, not the entire link.

Example:

Copy the bold text only:

http://www.youtube..com/watch?v=odWuWdlYZFA

Paste that text in your message:

odWuWdlYZFA

Highlight the text and then click the YouTube icon in the message editor tool bar (I am looking for a better YouTube image):
    Result:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Keep trying!

Michael
    Last edited by Devin; 10-30-2008, 03:16 PM. Reason: Added YouTube Instructions
    My Flickr Photos

Good info Michael. Put this thread somewhere we can find it easily and refer to it. I'm sure many will asking this in the days to come.

Trailboss

Comment

Great advice! I was wondering how to do it so that we can have the pictures inserted into stories like before. Thanks Michael.

Here is my 1st attempt to wake y'all up.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	scaryface.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	23815160

Wow, you were right! Game On.

Comment

My attempt

Survey says

Name:	RX Bows Hanging.JPG
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	23815161

Ding Ding

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss View Post
          Good info Michael. Put this thread somewhere we can find it easily and refer to it. I'm sure many will asking this in the days to come.

Trailboss
          I put this as a sticky in the ATC forum. I'm going to copy it over to the Hunting Reports forum, as well.

Michael

Comment

Let me give it a try.
            This is what you do when you don't see deer.

Name:	IMG_0318small.jpg
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	23815169
            Of course this is what we go to the woods to see.

Name:	IMG_0348small.jpg
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	23815170

Works great! Thanks for the help Michael!

Comment

I'll try. If I can do it, anybody can...Looka Here..Looka Here. Thanks, Chief

Name:	nanza.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	23815173

Comment

Let me try.

Here's my blind opening weekend. I'm actually about 10-12 yards from it.

Name:	Blind 1.jpg
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	23815174

Here's the north side where the entrance is. The critters come into the field on that trail, sometimes.

Name:	Blind 2.jpg
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	23815175

Here's the window I'm going to shoot the biggest buck in Milam county through.

Name:	Blind 3.jpg
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	23815176

Comment

Well, I learned something this morning. I had posted quite a few pictures on various threads. This morning, I deleted all the files from my attachements section thinking I didn't need them anymore. Now all the threads where I had posted pictures don't have the pictures posted anymore. I had thought I didn't want those pictures taking up room, but now I realize I must leave them there for as long as I want them to show up on my threads. Which brings to mind a question... How much space are we allowed?

Comment

I just wanted to test it out,

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	23815181
                    to see if it is as easy as you say.

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	23815182
                    Hey, that was easy!

Comment

Test picture

Name:	deer.jpg
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	23815183

Comment

lets see if thsi works..
                        Attached Files

Comment

OK, here's a question...

How do I post that SAME PHOTO (that I've already uploaded previously) to a different thread?

It doesn't show up on the little pull down menu of the paper clip, but when I go to the attachments section under User CP, it's listed. I just don't know how to use it again. Anyone know?

Comment

how about now

Comment

estuped ,stupid lmao......

Comment

Working...
                              X