No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long night for me I got a phone call from my younger brother that our mom had a heart attack. I got home a little while ago after she went to icu so my dad sent us all home to rest . She's in good hands at Baylor Garland and hopefully it's just a few days .

Comment

Storm, my prayers are with her for a fast recovery. And with all the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
        Long night for me I got a phone call from my younger brother that our mom had a heart attack. I got home a little while ago after she went to icu so my dad sent us all home to rest . She's in good hands at Baylor Garland and hopefully it's just a few days .
        Prayers for your family.

Comment

Cardiologist is with her right now will know more later.

Comment

Keep us updated Storm. And if there is anything I can do for ya, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Stink Bait View Post
              My saturday was beyond great, caught a boat load of sandies (43) and got to meet TG live and in person!! It's like meeting a rock star. Just kidding Mike. A super nice guy who loves the outdoors.
              LOL @ the "rockstar"!

It was great to meet you too, Stink Bait . Yall had some good-ones in that live-well .

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
              I've gone thru 4 gallons of 'mater juice.... Almost got the skunked smell gone.
              Are you saying you got skunked? I'll refrain from posting my comment, on that comment. It has nothing to do with your fishing skills for the most part. Or your contributions to the stringer, .

Comment

Prayers sent storm.

Comment

Hoping and wishing you the best. If I can be of any kind of help, please let me know.

Comment

Looks like Grandbury is letting a little water out. Whitney has come up a few inches. But still below 2.5' low.

Aquilla is about 5" above normal.

Comment

She was let out of hospital this morning and doing fine. A bunch of doctor visits lined up for now .

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                        She was let out of hospital this morning and doing fine. A bunch of doctor visits lined up for now .
                        Great news!

Comment

Good news.

Comment

For those who have not seen my other thread in the Public Lands forum, there is a link that provides the new Master Plan for Lake Whitney by ACE being implemented this year for 2017. It renames and reclassifies the properties around the lake, and their usage.

Some of the decisions that were made were made public at a "town hall" meeting held last summer where those who were concerned had a chance to speak out. Or question the proposed actions that are now being instituted. There were an estimated 50 people that attended including the US Fish and Wildlife Service. In the other thread, there is a link to a PDF document with the New Master Plan for the lake and it's properties that includes detailed maps, filings, data from different agencies including the US Fish and Wildlife Service, data on surveys from differing species and how they are affected. It also includes why the changes are being made. Some of the hunting areas around the lake, or portions of them, will be reclassified as well. I highly encourage all to take a look at the document so you will know what is going on with the properties and resources we all use. We will loose a very small portion of hunting land. And some large portions are being reclassified. But not much to affect most hunters for 2017. It will me because I use to use that little area for some duck hunts since it was within walking distance. But what is more important, is whats on a grander scale on future use with the reclassifications.

Here is a link to the other thread in this forum.
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-19-2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting it. I looked it over earlier today but I'm not sure I completely understand most of it. It did appear that there wouldn't be much change for hunting right now anyway. If I read it right.
                              It will probably take a few more readings before I'm satisfied that I understand it.

JC

Comment

Looks like lakes W and A came up a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X