X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
    Have you looked at the el pescador cat?

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
    I have looked into them, never been on one though. I'm just trying to narrow it down at this point rather than making it more difficult to make a decision. I've been on Haynie and Shoalwater and like them both and I do most of my fishing out of Corpus so Waypoint and Chris's are both right there and convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
      Have you looked at the el pescador cat?

This. If I were buying today, I’d go Pescador Cat. I’ve fished off of the Pescador, numerous Shoalwater and Haynie cats, as well as SCB. Pescador is best bang for buck IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
        This. If I were buying today, I’d go Pescador Cat. I’ve fished off of the Pescador, numerous Shoalwater and Haynie cats, as well as SCB. Pescador is best bang for buck IMO.

Waypoint did 95% of the service on my pescador. I would strongly recommend you go ride on a pescador.... Fast, dry and smooth!

Comment

Originally posted by breeds13 View Post
          Appreciate the info. Last I talked to Chris's Marine, not too long ago, it was 7-8 months but I guess that could have changed.
          Call and check with them. I picked my boat up a month ago and was back down there a couple weeks ago to get my trolling motor installed. Both times they told me 12 months but the wait for a cat may be shorter. I'm not sure if it varies by model. But it may.

Comment

I’ve rode in both and that Haynie would get my vote

Comment

So I bought a shoalwater from waypoint last year it took 6 1/2 months. They build a ton of boats it’s not a fast process. I got the 21 cat with mercury 250 four stroke. You would be amazed how well these boats ride for cat style boats. I fish Baffin mostly but occasionally fish west Galveston. I rarely get water over they back of the boat unless I’m power poled down in Baffin when it’s really rough then it’s still not much water at all. I wade fish a lot and boat fish with family shoalwater is good for boat. Boat runs 58mph with 50 gallons of fuel and 3 three people. I normally run about 40 and get really good fuel economy. I’ve got the boat over 60 with just me in in. My boat seems to ride better in rough water if I get it up on top of the waves and run alittle faster. I don’t think you can go wrong with either boat. But waypoint and Chris marine are very top notch dealers. Waypoint has been great to me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post

I know this doesn’t help you, but I’d have to strongly agree here.

Comment

Curious why your leaning towards the 24 Haynie vs. the newer 23 Super Cat or regular 23 Cat? Spent a lot of time on a 24 with a 250 pro xs before the 23's became popular. Seems like there's been some new found interest with Adam Nesloney's mid tower rig. Extremely nice and definitely worth looking at if you haven't. The 23 Super Cat is also seeing decent numbers with a little better hole shot than the two others rigged with a 300. The custom grey two tone (glitter) boat at Rock the Dock this year belongs to a close friend of mine. With two people light load he is seeing 60mph. Watkins Sr. is also running a 23 super cat (all black) and has been extremely pleased as well.

Comment

That 23 Shoalwater, propped and run correctly, will run stupid shallow.

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
                      Curious why your leaning towards the 24 Haynie vs. the newer 23 Super Cat or regular 23 Cat? Spent a lot of time on a 24 with a 250 pro xs before the 23's became popular. Seems like there's been some new found interest with Adam Nesloney's mid tower rig. Extremely nice and definitely worth looking at if you haven't. The 23 Super Cat is also seeing decent numbers with a little better hole shot than the two others rigged with a 300. The custom grey two tone (glitter) boat at Rock the Dock this year belongs to a close friend of mine. With two people light load he is seeing 60mph. Watkins Sr. is also running a 23 super cat (all black) and has been extremely pleased as well.
                      I’m not opposed to a Haynie 23 cat. I’ve never been on a 23 super cat so that may be an option. Only reason i was leaning towards a 24 because I’ve talked to people who have had both a 23 and 24 and they told me that the 24 drafts less, gets up shallower, rides smoother in rough stuff, and does not porpoise like the 23. Like i said, just what I’ve been told.

Comment

I’ve got a 23’ Haynie cat with 70 hours on it I’m about to sell just FYI. It’s a great boat but we had a kid and I never get to use it. Get ya on the water a year sooner and for under $80k.

Comment

I dropped my boat off at Waypoint this past week. The guy there told me Merc engines were a 54 week wait time and Yamaha wouldn't or couldn't tell him a timeframe. I didn't even ask about Suzuki. Also, he said Shoalwater was having issues with a sub-supplier not being able to source all the material for building the gas tanks...so they have many half built boats waiting on them at their factory... He said 21 foot and under is about 6 months and 23 footers are about 9 months and this is just for the hull.

However, my vote is Shoalwater.

Comment

Shoalwater 23' Cat vs. Haynie 24' Cat

Both haynie and shoalwater are nice boats, but with so many cat hulls on the market I would go ride in several others before I put a order in.

Haynie
                            Shoalwater
                            Trans
                            JH performance
                            el pescador
                            Simmons
                            SCB
                            Gulf coast saber cat
                            Freedom warrior
                            Mowdy cat 23 or 25
                            Dargel ( ugly as homemade soap)

Comment

Whatever you do, pay for that toy in cash

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                Both haynie and shoalwater are nice boats, but with so many cat hulls on the market I would go ride in several others before I put a order in.

Haynie
                                Shoalwater
                                Trans
                                JH performance
                                el pescador
                                Simmons
                                SCB
                                Gulf coast saber cat
                                Freedom warrior
                                Mowdy cat 23 or 25
                                Dargel ( ugly as homemade soap)

I hear ya man. I haven't had a chance to ride in all of those boats but I have heard great things about all of them. Simmons and SCB are out of the questions for me to stay between $80K - $90K. The main reason I settled on Haynie and Shoalwater are simply due to the fact that all of the fishing I do is near Corpus so having Chris's and Waypoint right there is much more convenient. Agreed on the Dargel lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X