Hail! Size??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hail! Size??

How big of hail does it take to damage a roof?
    We got hammered by golf ball to ping pong size hail for about 10 minutes
    Wife wants to call some to inspect, I don’t think it was that bad to get panicked
    San Antonio got baseball size in parts

That will do it at times..

Comment

Free roof!

Comment

I would be getting it looked at with that size. We had multiple hail storms over 20 years here, but the last straw was the one with golfball sized hail. Jacked up the whirly birds and vents as well

Comment

Metal or composition?

Comment

I would definitely have it looked at, better to be safe on that deal.

Comment

Hail! Size??

It depends on the roof type, age, size and type of hail, etc. however, ping pong to golf ball size hail WILL damage your roof. If you got hit with this stuff today, your roof is most likely compromised.

You should have it checked by someone that isn’t afraid to say “no”.

Hop up and take a look!
              Last edited by Chuy; 05-03-2021, 09:52 PM.

Comment

You need a roof amigo.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
                  It depends on the roof type, age, size and type of hail, etc. however, ping pong to golf ball size hail WILL damage your roof. If you got hit with this stuff today, your roof is most likely compromised.

You should have it checked by someone that isn’t afraid to say “no”.

Hop up and take a look!
                  Definitely take this man's advice when it comes to roofs. He knows what he is talking about.

Comment

We’ve lost many a composition roof with quarter size hail.

Comment

Golf Ball sized took out our roof several times, I’m sure it got smoked

Comment

Same storm came through Boerne. Lots of golf ball sized hail were bouncing around. A few of my neighbors had their roofs replaced since the last hail storm a month ago or so. And the hail that time was much smaller. This time the vehicles were damaged as well..You will need a new roof.

Comment

Call Quick Roofing, they are family to me. There is a division in SA. Tell them Terran sent you, Kerry Quick's brother.

San Antonio
                          2503 Boardwalk St,
                          San Antonio, Texas 78217
                          +1 210-521-7663

Comment

Had mine Replace last May...it was 7y old and Hail was not as big a G Balls...Get it inspected!!!

Comment

Had similar, got on roof and looked and could not see anything. Happens I have a friend who is well experienced in that kind of thing. He was on roof less than a minute and said I needed roof. Then he showed me what he was looking at and I could suddenly see the damage.

Get an adjuster to take a look

Comment

Working...
                              X