Another Edition of...”What Happened Here?” Let’s Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Edition of...”What Happened Here?” Let’s Play

I shot this pig last night around 7:30 pm. He had gotten a little too comfy eating my corn, so I snuck in and waited on him.

The video is partially skewed by foliage, but certainly enough to make a call on the result. So, let’s hear what you think happened here.

Mathews VXR31.5(29/62) 475 gr. Easton Injexion, Bloodsport Gravedigger Hybrid, green nockturnal

Is he dead?
    Is he still running?
    Will he be back?
    How far did he go if I found him?
    What vitals were hit?
    Shot too high?
    Shot too low?
    How much penetration did I get?
    Lots of blood?
    Little to no blood?

Whatcha think?

In case this is your first time to play...this is an exercise in how the eyes can be deceived or in some cases maybe not. Either way, let’s see what you think happened. I will show the results (or the lack there of) at some point tomorrow.

And GO!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQRHHC-FEgo&t=22s"]05/02/21 GC Boar - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by Fishndude; 05-03-2021, 06:57 PM.

High shoulder into the scapula. Not much blood and not for very far. You didn't find him. Probably be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      High shoulder into the scapula. Not much blood and not for very far. You didn't find him. Probably be back.
      I'm thinking the same, but he got the top of a lung.....
      Not much blood, but found him.
      Hard to say though, to me it's hard to make out much in the video.
      You can definitely see the pig dropping and starting to roll, but for some reason I'm thinking the arrow is coming in much lower than what it appears in the video...
      Eliphino

Comment

He’s still running’ , not much blood, bone shot, you’ll c him again.

Comment

I am guessing it hit the shoulder, does not look like it penetrated very deep. He definitely heard it coming, he tried to duck that arrow. I am guessing he has played that duck/dodge the arrow thingy game before, it worked in the past. Because if was able to show up that day. I would say the arrow did get enough penetration, it could easily kill him, higher possibility if it's not a mechanical broadhead.

Probably not going to bleed much externally, if it did not hit lungs on impact, as he runs through the brush, if that's a fixed blade broadhead, he probably will have a lot more damage as he starts hitting brush it that arrow.

I can't tell where it hit, other than close to the shoulder and a bit rear. I can't tell how high. It looks a little high, but it likely has potential to end his making bacon bits.

Comment

Shot wasn't enough to kill him at first. When you tracked him in the dark he turned on you and chased you up a tree. Pig waited you out thinking he was going to get some revenge. Sadly ole white flippy tail pig dies from his wounds waiting for you to come down. However, you thought he was still alive because he died laying upright. At 4pm today the swollen gut rolled him over on his side and you finally got down which is why we are just getting this story and video tonight.. Dead pig...saw him at 50 yards wounded but he chased you 25 yards closer to the feeder up the tree and died there. so 25 net.. What did I win?...

Comment

Smart nailed it.

Comment

Is that an expandable tip? Shot looked pretty good but didn't get much penetration...... I think you may have gotten a lung but it's going to take another arrow with a 125 grain fixed blade to get into his other lung!! Or a 223 round to the ear to finish him off!!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                  Is that an expandable tip? Shot looked pretty good but didn't get much penetration......

Yes its an expandable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    Yes its an expandable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                    That's a sick looking blade! Boar armor gave it all it wanted and then some!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Comment

Broad head contact was midway up the body right at the back of the shoulder. Dead under 100 yards. May not have had a lot of blood early but last 30 yards of track was a stream.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I need to start watching these on the desktop.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m no expert so if I’m right it’s lucky if I’m wrong it’s expected!

I think it’s a high shot behind the shoulder. Doesn’t look like it got good penetration. The pig lives to eat your corn another day, but his days are numbered!

Comment

1. You hit him right where you were aiming, cause you never miss.

2. You found him within 100 yards.

3. You need to bring your weed eater out there and do some weed whacking.

Comment

Looking again on my phone and stopping the video, it looks like a high neck shot just in front of the shoulder. Never found him. No blood trail either.

Comment

Working...
                              X