No announcement yet.

TBH Lost A Legend Yesterday...Prayers Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rest In Peace Matt. I never met him, but I have no doubt he was one of the good one's. Prayers and condolences go out to his family.

On a side note, was he related to a man named Ray Patek? Was a co-worker years ago.

Comment

Wow, sounds like I missed out on getting to know a super guy. Im sorry for yall's lose and prayers up for everyone but mostly those little girls.

Dale, that was a tremendous write up. Well done sir.

Comment

Man, this was a joyful and heartbreaking read. I did not know Matt at all. I’m pretty new to TBH, but there’s many here that have posted about him that I respect solely off the way they represent themselves on this forum. If he had that kind of impact on y’all, he sounds like a heck of dude and a person I would have enjoyed a day out on the water, a campfire, or a cold beer in a dove field. This rings home for me as we are similar in age, I’ve got my 3rd child on the way in August, and I was fortunate enough to live through a severe rollover accident in October of 2018. One of the things I wrestled with the most in counseling afterwards was my purpose here and why He chose not to take me. Then I read about how this man impacted y’all so greatly, yet he was taken. We do not know His plan and we don’t understand why He takes others so early. We just rest in the solace and grace that He provides and know that Matt is waiting for a grand reunion in Heaven one day. I pray for all of y’all that are impacted by his loss, but especially for his wife and children. I’d love to type more, but the screen is getting a little blurry. Rest In Peace Matt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up for everyone.

Comment

Oh man. This hurts. Matt was one of the funniest, full-of-life guys on TBH. I just can't fathom this. RIP Matt. I'm sure heaven is a better place because of you.

Comment

This was our other favorite, Abryn’s 1st deer. This was at our lease just after they moved to north Texas, or right before...it was in 2016. That was a top 5 day for me, she heard me yelling from 600yds away when I heard the shot.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-22-2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Hate to hear this news.

No words cane make this better. I just pray for his family and friends.

Prayers up

Comment

So Sorry to hear this. Prayers for his family and friends

Comment

This is who Matt was. Donated a fishing trip when TBH was helping out during my cancer battle:

Thanks Matt (and Charlie!)

Comment

Oh my, this was a tough one to read.

Prayers for peace, comfort, calm, love, support, and grace.

Comment

I read a long time ago that the measure of a man is how he is remembered. Looks like it doesn't get much better than Matt. Tight lines, Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          I found myself grinning with a blend of tears welling up in my eyes. Tragic circumstances but so great to have memories like this to look back on and remember him by. Thank you for sharing this, Dale.

Same for me, wonderful memories of what sounds like a great guy gone way to soon. His family, Dale, and all you guys that were his friends are in my prayers.

Comment

Patek's trophy rabbit from one of the dove hunts, and the famous Green Bandana.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Holy cow. What a loss. I have never seen someone enjoy a concert more than Matt Patek.

Comment

Cameron called and broke the news the other day. Still doesn’t feel real. It’s been many years since I’ve hung out or really talked to many folks on here, but the Green Screen was a huge part of my life years back. And with that, I was fortunate enough to find people like Patek. Or if memory serves, he found me at a bownanza, and yelled at me out of the blue, then smiled and offered me a beer. After maybe 15 more we were friends.

My heart breaks for his family and his friends. Rod, thanks for dm’ing me to read through all these great memories.

Comment

Working...
                                X