Selling & moving/transporting a home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling & moving/transporting a home

Has anyone ever done this, or know anything about it?

If you have done it, what can you tell me about the process? And I assume you'd have to offer it at a fairly steep discount off of normal list price. Would that be correct?

TTT

Nobody has an experience with this?

Comment

This a trailer house or pier and beam house?

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
        This a trailer house or pier and beam house?
        Ah. I should have clarified that I was indeed referring to pier and beam in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          Ah. I should have clarified that I was indeed referring to pier and beam in this case.
          Cost my mom 14k, and that was 8 yrs ago.
          Moved it less than 3 miles.
          House was in some bottom land and it took em 4 days just to get it ready to move.
          Depends on how far and the route also.
          If your lifting powerlines, shutting down roads, etc..the price goes up quick.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
            Cost my mom 14k, and that was 8 yrs ago.
            Moved it less than 3 miles.
            House was in some bottom land and it took em 4 days just to get it ready to move.
            Depends on how far and the route also.
            If your lifting powerlines, shutting down roads, etc..the price goes up quick.
            So I guess there are companies that specialize in this kind of transport?

Certainly I would expect the sales price to be reflective of the costs associated with doing this.

Comment

We sold 3 wood frame houses off of some family owned land 10 years or so ago. The houses were in decent shape, but old. I think we got less than 10K total for all 3. Company we dealt with told me "we have to move it, store it, market it and move it again and reset it. And make some money. So, in my experience, they aren't worth much. In our case, we mostly just needed them gone.

Comment

I had a 900 sq ft house I tried to sell for someone to move but I couldn't even give it away. Ended up have to tear it down and it was a good solid house.

Comment

My brother took over the house moving business from my father. He is now the 3rd generation to do it and his son is working to be the 4th generation.

LWOney Housemoving out of Marshall.

The cost varies drastically from job to job. To get a realistic quote,, someone will have to come and check the home and route.. But I can tell you the insurance is about to kill the business of house moving. Like many others, I know. But the liability is crushing.

Comment

Working...
                  X