Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any laid off CNC Machinists around Tomball, Magnolia, Navasota, Conroe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any laid off CNC Machinists around Tomball, Magnolia, Navasota, Conroe ?

Been a real up and down year, but swamped at the moment. I have heard of several shops laying off lately, maybe this can help with the bills till something comes up. This will probably be a temporary job. At least several weeks, depends on work load. May be permanent, just dont want to mislead.

Looking for skilled CNC Machinist to set up and run primarily lathes, but maybe some mill work. I provide program and you do the rest. Need someone proficient and able to handle it all. Set up, run, inspect. Must want to work, this is not a sit and watch it run 1000pcs type job. Common to set up multiple times a day. Nothing too complicated, but not all gravy either.

Right person will be $25+/hr. Must be legal to work in US, I9 and other paperwork as required. Immediate hire.

No button pushers, must be fully competent in CNC Lathe and/or mill operation. Only training that will be provided is familiariztion with machine and the way we do things. Of course, nobody knows everything and help/training will be given in minor areas.

Part time will be considered

Small shop. Plantersville, Navasota area.

No smoking in shop.

Good luck to ya Mike. Sounds like you're hanging in there pretty good.

Comment

Good luck Mike.
      We are constantly on the lookout for GOOD CNC Machinists up here in North Texas.
      All the good guys have good jobs and usually stay put.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        Good luck to ya Mike. Sounds like you're hanging in there pretty good.
        Thanks, been a pretty sketchy year, was pretty slow most of the year but the last month has been crazy. I know it will slow down again, but gotta get it while its lasts.

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
        Good luck Mike.
        We are constantly on the lookout for GOOD CNC Machinists up here in North Texas.
        All the good guys have good jobs and usually stay put.
        Thats for sure. Doubt I will find one, but worth a try. Even a part time, after hours guy would help.

Comment

Good luck Man. Good machinist are hard to find! I have been looking all year.....

Comment

good luck,,, as they say good TRUE Machinist are hard to find, the ones around are on the way out to retirement.... or should retire

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
              good luck,,, as they say good TRUE Machinist are hard to find, the ones around are on the way out to retirement.... or should retire

And there is the rest of the problem, most of the ones that hit the street recently were either culls or ones that took early retirement packages.

Comment

Do you need a CNC Programmer, by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  Good luck Man. Good machinist are hard to find! I have been looking all year.....
                  I appreciate it.

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                  Do you need a CNC Programmer, by chance?
                  No sir. Sorry

Comment

Bump. Maybe I will get lucky

Comment

Still have a need for a machinist? Friend's Dad just get let go yesterday. He is in Magnolia, Texas - near Conroe / the Woodlands. KJ

Comment

PM replied.

Do you mind sharing where he worked?

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          PM replied.

Do you mind sharing where he worked?
                          I will find out. Thank you - Keith

Comment

Bumping this one up. Looking for someone that fits the description in the OP.

Been busy since Oct but getting pretty overwhelmed with just me and one other full time guy. One of my part time guys that was working a lot moved to Florida so need to get someone in here pretty quick.

Have posted on Indeed.

Comment

Good luck OP! I call on machine shops in San Antonio and pretty much everyone of them is short handed, looking for machinist.

Comment

Working...
                              X