lets see your hot rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
    here a couple of mine a 27 T roadster and a 51 stude baker that i made a two seat roadster out of

That's a nice look-n Studebaker chop.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
      hgiles--

That hardtop Nova is sweet and your wagon has made great improvement since we saw it last.

Thanks. It’s been fun to play around with them. Nice to have the wagon somewhat done for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pawnhunter View Post
        [ATTACH]935894[/ATTACH]68 Mustangs coupe

My dad has my grandpas that’s just like it, except red. Done any performance work? I got it out of the barn yesterday and it’s just like I remembered it being. Pretty, and slow!

Comment

My coupe from years ago. Still have the car, it has been sitting in the shop for years. Been collecting parts to make a bunch of changes to the car. The basic engine will still be the same, possibly. It has a 364 cubic inch small block Ford, based off of a 302. It ran pretty good when it last ran. I would regularly go 10.21s at 131 mph. One pass at the San Antonio Pinks event, it actually ran correctly, left very hard, which that was the only pass the car ever left hard with the 364. It out ran a car that normally ran 9.6s, they would not give us our time slips. I found out a little at a time, that there were multiple problems, I knew it had tractions problems I could not figure out for a while. I went back to what I know, pulled the C4 and put a Doug Nash 5 spd in the car, with a good clutch. The car had a T5 that got pro shifted in it for years, then when I built the 364, I got talked into putting auto in the car. I have never had a auto transmission car. I hated it, it never ran right, the transmission worked, but the convertor turns out was slipping a lot. I still think the convertor was part of the slow 60' time problem. The car used to have a modified Mustang A9P computer, with a chip, then I tuned the car. Then recently I bought a Holley HP computer, then crank trigger and cam sensor. Then some LS coils. The intake on the car puts the throttlebody where the distributor would normally be, so it had a belt driven distributor, which turned out to be causing some serious timing problems. I was getting around 30 degrees of variation in timing by 7000 rpm, don't know what it was doing at 8000 rpm.
          I found the lifter bores were wiped out, so it was loosing a good bit of cam duration. The convertor in the car was way too loose, then the bent axle housing and instant center out of whack.

So Now it will have the Nash, 4.88 gears, the LS coils and crank trigger, bushed lifter bores, the stud mounted rockers got replaced by Jesel shaft rockers. Then I made a ram air assembly, that I may or may not use. I also picked up a Paxton Novi 2000 blower. I figured out how I can make a chain drive for the blower with billet brackets. I may rebuild the Novi, put a upgraded billet impeller and the higher rpm bearings, then put it on the car, with a different cam. I know they used to make 1200 hp with Novi 2000s years ago, so I should be able to make some pretty good numbers with the whole combo. I picked up the Novi head unit coupe of years ago and have been trying to figure out what to do with it. I had been planning on buying some big race heads for the coupe, it has some highly ported aluminum street heads on it now. I have thought about putting the Novi on my daughter's 69 F100 short bed, which is getting a 347, but I am pretty sure I am going to put the Vortech S trim on that truck, I picked up a S trim head unit, then found some good pulleys for it. I could put the Novi on my 89 GT, but I really want to put a 76 mm turbo on that car, just to make a fun driver. I really wanted to keep the coupe naturally asperated, but would also like to keep the same intake. I am sure I can get it into the mid to low 9s naturally asperated. But wit the Novi, I could get the car way into the 8s. If I put some big race heads on it the intake won't fit. So I may keep the little heads and intake, then put the blower on it. Right now, I don't have the time to work on the coupe, once I do, it should be fun.
          Cars and hunting eat up a lot of my money or used to, lately the house has gotten most of it. Hopefully I can get a shop built at the house this coming year and get back to my car projects.
          Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 01-20-2019, 10:59 AM.

Comment

RBP LS engine S480 E85 and put 1000-1100 to the tire call it good.. Its silly how much boost a 5.3 Gen IV will take with no upgraded internals rotating parts. I have a 5.3 that I plan to drop into my 62 with the 480 turbo. For a race car I would use a 4.8 and bang onit the 4.8 is tougher than the 5.3 and in a light weight set and big gear no need to worry about tq for street use .

Comment

Very nice cars all ! Bravo on the hard work and the commitment to restoration projects like some of these

Comment

I have a 1931 Ford Coupe . It has a 355 sbc, Edelbrock aluminum heads , Turbo 350 trans ,narrowed Ford 9” reared. And the list goes on.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by HotRod Hunter; 12-01-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Last edited by HotRod Hunter; 12-01-2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Some nice vehicles! I love the Studebaker!!!

Can someone translate this for us non car guys?

"Two guns Into a Rosslor 4l80E 4200 stall with D3 brake into a 5 inch one piece tube in the moser 35 spline 9 inch MSD grid US shift and NOS progressive."

"On pump gas one kit it will in the high 6's in the 1/8 with only the 3.73 gear"

Comment

My 71 Nova, work in progress
                      Attached Files

Comment

lets see your hot rods

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        Some nice vehicles! I love the Studebaker!!!

Can someone translate this for us non car guys?

"Two guns Into a Rosslor 4l80E 4200 stall with D3 brake into a 5 inch one piece tube in the moser 35 spline 9 inch MSD grid US shift and NOS progressive."

"On pump gas one kit it will in the high 6's in the 1/8 with only the 3.73 gear"

Rosslor 4l80e is a transmission, 4200 stall is the RPM’s the torque converter will hold, D3 brake is a transmission brake, and a 5 inch drive shaft with a 9” rearend, with 3.73 gears.

Pump gas is 93 octane gas, high 6’s is seconds it’ll go in 1/8th mile with 3.73 gear ration in the differential.

Comment

Sorry the two guns is that I run two separate NOS kits so the trans is a 4 speed over drive automatic. I come to stop pull shifter into 3rd gear Use the MSD Grid which controls my two step That is a RPM that I have choosen the converter will go to 4200 RPM. That’s it stall speed. So arm both NOS kits in 3rd gear push the trans brake button smash pedal to floor snap finger off trans brake button and the RPM limit is released and the first NOS kit fires fior250 hp dead out the hole trans bangs 2nd the next kit comes on line in a progressive state taking 1.5 seconds to bring the next 200 kit on line . Truck put 902 to the tires with both kits online. I had some trans issues so at this point the 1/8 time is a tiny 150 shot I think it will run mid to low 6 in the 1/8 with both guns all in.

Comment

Originally posted by jkg2003 View Post
                            Rosslor 4l80e is a transmission, 4200 stall is the RPM’s the torque converter will hold, D3 brake is a transmission brake, and a 5 inch drive shaft with a 9” rearend, with 3.73 gears.

Pump gas is 93 octane gas, high 6’s is seconds it’ll go in 1/8th mile with 3.73 gear ration in the differential.

Thanks! That's kinda what I thought it was.

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                            Sorry the two guns is that I run two separate NOS kits so the trans is a 4 speed over drive automatic. I come to stop pull shifter into 3rd gear Use the MSD Grid which controls my two step That is a RPM that I have choosen the converter will go to 4200 RPM. That’s it stall speed. So arm both NOS kits in 3rd gear push the trans brake button smash pedal to floor snap finger off trans brake button and the RPM limit is released and the first NOS kit fires fior250 hp dead out the hole trans bangs 2nd the next kit comes on line in a progressive state taking 1.5 seconds to bring the next 200 kit on line . Truck put 902 to the tires with both kits online. I had some trans issues so at this point the 1/8 time is a tiny 150 shot I think it will run mid to low 6 in the 1/8 with both guns all in.

Thank you for clearing that up. That makes a whole lot more sense now!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              Thanks! That's kinda what I thought it was.

Thank you for clearing that up. That makes a whole lot more sense now!
                              Been selling auto parts for over 50 years and I could only translate about half of the description......

I bumped the K900 up from 420hp to 450hp. Fun ride.......

Comment

My two money pits.

2013 zr1
                                1970 c10 swb
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X