Listing with VRBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listing with VRBO

I am thinking about listing my bay house on a site like VRBO or one of the others.

I would like to know what if any experiences good and bad that you have had.

Depending on how hard you market the property it can become a full time job. I know people who have booked over 100 visitors a year

Comment

Very very popular here. Air Bnb, Home Away, VRBO and etc

Comment

I use Evolve. They will take professional photos of your house and post them on all the vacation rental sites. All I do is keep the place clean (hired a cleaning crew) and watch the bank account grow.

Comment

I really just want to make enough to cover the taxes...

Its a bay house in Galveston. I do really use it when most people will want to use it.

I figure it could be a win. but not sure of the details...

Comment

My lakehouse is booked almost every weekend of the year. Just have to plan ahead and make a home owner booking for you when you want to go there.

Comment

Call me if you want more info. Sending you a PM
              Last edited by spro; 05-14-2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I am just now filling out my vrbo details on our lakehouse at Possum Kingdom. Having pictures taken next Monday and then going live. I have met a few people in area and they are booked as much as they want.

Comment

I'm shocked how much the Airbnb's are booked in my area and there's really nothing special here other than lots of big horse farms and fairly close to Lake Texoma and Ray Roberts but not right on it. I think some are being bought and going straight to Airbnb

Comment

we use VRBO on almost every vacation we take all over the country. Always pleased with the results - I think it is a great way to rent your home

Comment

The House next to ours on Whitney is VRBO is is occupied every weekend unless the owner or his family are there. It's a neat little cabin but I was surprised that it's pretty much always rented.

Comment

I’ve never rented anything out through VRBO, but I do rent a house every summer through them in Orange Beach. Always an easy process, and I’d say 90% of the condos in our building are rented through there. ]

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                          I am just now filling out my vrbo details on our lakehouse at Possum Kingdom. Having pictures taken next Monday and then going live. I have met a few people in area and they are booked as much as they want.
                          We are headed there in June. Looking forward to getting back on that lake. Have 11 in our family and getting 3 hotel rooms gets old.

Do you have or rent a boat? I have rented one before with the house and it is the cheapest way to enjoy a lake house and boat!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                            We are headed there in June. Looking forward to getting back on that lake. Have 11 in our family and getting 3 hotel rooms gets old.

Do you have or rent a boat? I have rented one before with the house and it is the cheapest way to enjoy a lake house and boat!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                            Pm sent. My house sleeps 14 in beds, game room, and walk 25 feet out to lake.

Comment

I have a buddy with a place in Freeport on vrbo. He stays booked when be wants it on plant workers alone.

One thing he did say to watch for one was one guy would rent and then sublease to others. Original renter was making money

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X