No announcement yet.

How safe is Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we went two years ago. I am ready to go back!

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
      Were considering going soon but have been worried about safety. Sound like most if yall say it's been ok. My neighbors just came back from there and said they had a blast.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      The good looking European and Australian chicks I've talked to at the dive shop in Xcalak have always been fine. I'm talking smoking hot 20-25 year old Swedish girls that hike, bike, hitchhike and bus their way up and down the Riviera for weeks or months. If they can do that I think you'll be fine in a resort.

Comment

I have a coworker that owns a place there. He got caught in the middle of some nonsense over the Christmas/ New Years holiday. Said he is going to get rid of his place and probably will only go back to finish paperwork. I guess it could happen anywhere. I’ve been to plenty of places and it is far from the safest place I have been. If your looking for a Caribbean vacation I seem to feel a lot better on Islands with French or British background. Islands also seem to have a different feeling as far as locals goes

Comment

Another fan of Tulum here. Take my whole family. I travel to Mexico monthly since the 90's and have never had a problem

No longer go to boys town or bars in the city at night...not that I ever did of course.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
            Id say if your bride is not feeling right about it don't go.
            My thoughts too. Safe or not wouldn't matter. I wouldn't go if she's not feeling it.

Plenty of places to go anyway that aren't supporting a corrupt Country. I have buddies that hunt down there and carry cash in their pockets just for bribes when the cops pull them over...no thanks.

Comment

Nope!

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                My thoughts too. Safe or not wouldn't matter. I wouldn't go if she's not feeling it.

Plenty of places to go anyway that aren't supporting a corrupt Country. I have buddies that hunt down there and carry cash in their pockets just for bribes when the cops pull them over...no thanks.

This is really my only concern since we're not gonna leave the resort at anytime except to and from the airport... she suggested the Atlantis in Nassau but it's not inclusive and I have NO CLUE how much food and alcohol would cost the two of us down there for 4 days. (we've stayed at the Sandals in Nassau and she's been to the Atlantis before, it's just hard to figure out a budget on food and alcohol for the two of us since she can't remember any prices except one breakfast meal that cost her over $100)

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                  When are you going? Wife and I are thinking of going June 24-28.
                  I think we will be back home by then.

Comment

cancun

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                    This... Border is dangerous, fly way over it

You can get in just as much trouble in South dallas
                    have not heard of any decapitations in south Dallas. and yes they do protect the tourist cities so you are just adding to the fire by going.

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
                      This is really my only concern since we're not gonna leave the resort at anytime except to and from the airport... she suggested the Atlantis in Nassau but it's not inclusive and I have NO CLUE how much food and alcohol would cost the two of us down there for 4 days. (we've stayed at the Sandals in Nassau and she's been to the Atlantis before, it's just hard to figure out a budget on food and alcohol for the two of us since she can't remember any prices except one breakfast meal that cost her over $100)
                      I'll be in Nassau this summer and have been to Atlantis several times. I find Atlantis overpriced and over hyped though worth a visit. Of these choices I go to Tulum every time cause I like the funky. Certainly don't find that area any more dangerous than Nassau

Comment

and right on cue......

Two gunmen opened fire at diners at a restaurant in the Mexican resort town of Playa del Carmen on Monday night, killing one person and injuring 11 others.

Comment

Cancun has a sharp rise in Narco activity that has been skirting the edges of the resort community...you can google 'borderlandbeat cancun' if you want to see the various articles. It is not a work / family friendly site.

Actually its been this way through most of Mexico's resort cities...nothing I have read where they are bothering tourists within the heart & think you will be fine. I personally would spend my money elsewhere & am disappointed the direction my beloved mexico is turning. I wish the people would take their country back. Getting worse and this new president is a first class ding-bat.

Comment

Mexico is like the pitbull of countries. It's perfectly fine and safe until it isn't, but you sure as hell don't want to be there when it becomes "isn't".

Comment

If you go! Make sure you wear your MAGA hat!

Comment

We go to Playa all the time and love it. Last year I sent my wife and 8 of her friends for my wife's 40th. Some of the girls were worried about the safety, I just made fun of them because at the time I was in a remote part of Kenya that was not safe. Anyway, They all went with no issue but when they got there the house that I rented for them had a broken front door. The maid went on to tell them a story about the people that were there the previous week. They took a cab from the airport to the house(bad idea) and the cab driver and others came back later, broke in the door, and took them at gunpoint to an atm to get money then returned them to the home unharmed. Be careful, don't wear flashy rings and watches, and for the love of God do not use the taxi cabs.

Comment

Working...
                                X