How safe is Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. We're looking to go to the Haven Riveria in Cancun (just opened in Oct. 2018)... anybody recommend other resorts to stay?
    Barcelo Maya Palace! It is first class. Not cheap but very very nice. It's down past playa del Carmen. Lots of sea turtles that will swim right up to you and pretty good snorkeling right at the resort.

Comment

The Mexican government protects the tourist cities. They want the money coming in. The drug lords protect the cities because they want the money coming in. I have been to several and always felt safe. Just don't go outside the main streets.

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
        Thinking about booking a trip to Cancun for Memorial Weekend and staying at a resort close to the airport. Wife's having second thoughts on how safe it will be since we haven't been in 10 years.... anybody been lately and how safe would/did you feel going?
        Id say if your bride is not feeling right about it don't go.

Comment

Won’t go back until things are better. Too many other places with less problems

Comment

Cant support them....they;re are directly complicit in whats going on at our border...

Too many other nice places to go...

If the tourism dried up things might change, until then it wont

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
              Id say if your bride is not feeling right about it don't go.
              I agree with this. I'm with others that I feel plenty safe down there, but if there's any doubt in her mind I wouldn't go.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife always talked about Mexico and beach vacations since she went after high school to an all inclusive wedding. I've never left the USA and would only for Canada and Scotland (I WILL tour Ardbeg and Lagavulin before I die) but we went to san francisco last year, and that's about as dangerous as we will get. lol

Comment

Granted its been two years, we had armed guards at our resort. Definitely didn't feel safe. I won't go back any time soon, because safety was clearly an issue. If I google Cancun and Murder there are dozens of stories just form this year (Including tourist areas), Mexico also refuses to stop facilitating migrants from central america from coming to the USA illegally. Not to mention it's a known problem of the resorts serving home-made booze mixed with rubbing alcohol that is killing people.

Personally, I felt far safer and received better hospitality in numerous other counties that have a supposed high crime rate.

Comment

borderlandbeat.com

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                      Cant support them....they;re are directly complicit in whats going on at our border...

Never thought about it this way but you are 100% correct.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                        Never thought about it this way but you are 100% correct.
                        If you buy vehicles, fruits, veggies, pay taxes and vote for American politicians, then you are already supporting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                          If you buy vehicles, fruits, veggies, pay taxes and vote for American politicians, then you are already supporting them.
                          Well I think what he's tryn to get at is if you have direct control over something like spending your tourism dollars don't spend it on a chithole country like Mexico.

Comment

totally safe!
                            just got back a few days ago from Cancun.

no armed guards. no guys running around killing people.
                            beaches were totally safe, tourists everywhere enjoying the sun and water.

Went fishing, caught barracuda, amberjack, sailfish.
                            Tequila tasting tour.
                            Catamaran ride to Isla mujeres.
                            snorkeling.

stayed at Paradisus - all inclusive. First class place. The workers there are super friendly. I was pouring myself some coffee, then out of no where waiter shows and says
                            No senor! I'll pour the coffee for you. You are on vacation. You relax and enjoy.

now that is what I'm talking about. Guarantee you won't get this level of service in U.S.A

Go. If you don't, you'll be kicking yourself later.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                              We will be staying at the Excellence Playa Mujeres In June. Went last year and had a blast. No problems...and I'm the most paranoid guy you will see when it comes to leaving the country.
                              When are you going? Wife and I are thinking of going June 24-28.

Comment

Were considering going soon but have been worried about safety. Sound like most if yall say it's been ok. My neighbors just came back from there and said they had a blast.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X