No announcement yet.

Best thing for severe sunburn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you get Solarcaine at the grocery store? I gotta get me some of that stuff ASAP.

Comment

Motrin/Ibuprofen will help the discomfort a bit, and also get the over-the-counter cortisone cream--Cortisol or generic.

This burn is more severe since your skin had not healed from the prior burn.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        Can you get Solarcaine at the grocery store? I gotta get me some of that stuff ASAP.
        Should be able to, or any pharmacy.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Time is basically the only thing outside of the Aloe Vera type stuff. I got a bad one on my back building a deck one time. Which consequently led to "hell's itch." Worst thing I've ever experienced. I looked like a Crystal Meth Tweaker. Literally couldn't sit still. I tried all the home remedies and OTC stuff I could find on the internet. Aloe was the only thing that slightly took the edge off.

Comment

You might try this stuff, my shoulders got pretty burned memorial weekend. Then got burned again on Saturday. My legs were burned pretty good as well. I’ve been using this and the pain went away pretty quick and is healing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pour Apple cider vinegar in a bath and soak in it.

Comment

Cool bath for temporary comfort and all of the above...good luck.

Comment

Best thing I have ever used especially on severe burns

Comment

Motrin will help. Buy a gallon jug of white vinegar and use a wash rag to apply. It will take the heat out. Be ready for the jokes...What's the dill...pickle? Use the whole jug. If your lips are chapped/burned- do not use vinegar on your lips! If you like tea..make some tea and use the bags. Dab areas with the tea bags. The tannin (sp?) helps take he heat out. The plus for vinegar- if you're camping bugs won't bother as much!

Comment

Take a shower & get it as warm/hot as you can take it (I know it sounds nuts but it works) Good ole noxzema smeared on afterwards will give you relief!!

Comment

I'll add witch hazel and rose water for temporary relief. Nothing that iv found will take it away permanently other than time.

Comment

Change your socks, take some Motrin, and drink some water....

Comment

Man, only thing I dislike more than a sunburn is a thief. Sucks man.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

The huge blister broke this morning. Oh my gosh this sucker dog burns like heck.

Comment

Tequila. Pour some down your throat, whole bottle. Repeat every 6-8 hrs.

Comment

Working...
                                X