It’s on-Nathan’s Hot Dog eating contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
    Im a big fan of Nathan’s but recently I discovered these and they are amazing. Good size also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I am in my snob hotdog eating mood, I sometimes eat Sabrett’s out of NY (New York city??) or Chicago’s Vienna Beef.

I might hit some of these up tomorrow and see how they do. Strangely enough, I ate a case (not at one sitting) of Sam’s all beef dogs that were very close to Nathan‘s, Sabrett’s, Vienna Beef, etc. I don’t know who made their hotdogs back and I’m sure that Walmart/Sam’s doesn’t own a hotdog factory and contracts it out. It has been about 4-5 years so I don’t know if they are still any good but sometimes a storebrand might be right up there with the big boys. Sam’s regular dogs were along the line of Oscar Mayer.

I see a trip to HEB tomorrow…..

On another tidbit, I love Chicago style dogs. NY sauerkraut with mustard and onion sauce is good but the traditional Chicago is right up there.

Bun, yellow mustard, sliced tomatoes, slice of (I use kosher style) pickle, sweet relish, finely chopped onions, two sport peppers and celery salt.

I guess today I will be trying a Texas Chicago dog.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
        they were protesting the chinese owning smithfield foods, who makes Nathans hot dogs. know who sells you your food.
        I am also protesting Smithfield foods. I attempted to griddle some "thick cut" bacon they sell yesterday an it was a flat out mess. The slices were paper thin and basically a flattened out bag of ends and pieces.

Comment

Greatness

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Looked like he broke that Peta dudes neck.

Edit.... not Peta this time, some other idiots
            I watched it several times and I swear I heard something snap just when he twisted.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
              When I am in my snob hotdog eating mood, I sometimes eat Sabrett’s out of NY (New York city??) or Chicago’s Vienna Beef.

I might hit some of these up tomorrow and see how they do. Strangely enough, I ate a case (not at one sitting) of Sam’s all beef dogs that were very close to Nathan‘s, Sabrett’s, Vienna Beef, etc. I don’t know who made their hotdogs back and I’m sure that Walmart/Sam’s doesn’t own a hotdog factory and contracts it out. It has been about 4-5 years so I don’t know if they are still any good but sometimes a storebrand might be right up there with the big boys. Sam’s regular dogs were along the line of Oscar Mayer.

I see a trip to HEB tomorrow…..

On another tidbit, I love Chicago style dogs. NY sauerkraut with mustard and onion sauce is good but the traditional Chicago is right up there.

Bun, yellow mustard, sliced tomatoes, slice of (I use kosher style) pickle, sweet relish, finely chopped onions, two sport peppers and celery salt.

I guess today I will be trying a Texas Chicago dog.

Chicago dogs are pretty good.

Comment

I have a lot of respect for competitive eaters…taking in that amount of food cannot be good for your health, long-term.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                  I watched it several times and I swear I heard something snap just when he twisted.
                  Man I know. He made quick work. The dude was out and he didn't choke him long enough to choke him out. Funny stuff!
                  Last edited by GarGuy; 07-05-2022, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
                    I have a lot of respect for competitive eaters…taking in that amount of food cannot be good for your health, long-term.

The original “Man vs Food” guy quit over it. Saw an interview with him where he talked about all the health issues it causes. I can’t imagine the hemorrhoids those dudes must get and the gastro intestinal disorders. Those dudes have probably been turned completely inside out down there. Ouch.

Comment

Joey Chestnut for President 2024

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                        The original “Man vs Food” guy quit over it. Saw an interview with him where he talked about all the health issues it causes. I can’t imagine the hemorrhoids those dudes must get and the gastro intestinal disorders. Those dudes have probably been turned completely inside out down there. Ouch.

I always wondered what happened to Adam, I like the new guy Casey as well, just enjoyed Adam as a host more. I’m not surprised as I’ve heard Guy Fieri say the same thing about doing shoots for his diners, dives, and drive-ins show.

Comment

Working...
                        X