This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
    That's likely a pipe dream then as they're the #1 sports team in the world.

Amazingly they still beat out the top FCs in $$$.
    That's kind of my point. Everyone says JJ needs to change, but the books say otherwise.

Comment

a lot of chat today bring in the Urban Cowboy?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        When, specifically, has JJ ever gave two rat sized ****s about public opinion?
        when they decide not to buy tickets

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
          a lot of chat today bring in the Urban Cowboy?
          Yup, he’s been mentioned a lot today on DFW radio.

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
            I'm torn on this fire Garrett stuff. What do we do when the next coach has the same mediocre seasons as the previous coaches? This is all on JJ. I think his coaches hands are tied. JJ doesn't allow them to so what needs to be done. I've got a bottle of patron that says Garrett goes in to win a SB with another team. Probably the Giants.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ill take that bet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
              when they decide not to buy tickets
              Oh. Thought you were being serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                How long of a window are we talking might be in on this
                Originally posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
                Ill take that bet

I said a bottle not 2 bottles. Lol

Seriously though, I don't think it matters who is coaching. Until JJ is gone this is what we can look forward to every year. Doesn't matter who is coaching.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  When, specifically, has JJ ever gave two rat sized ****s about public opinion?
                  Jerry is all about public opinion. That is what drove him to hire Parcells. He needed public opinion to shift so he could get his stadium built / seats sold.

After Parcells retired Jones went right back to his practice of paying his head coach at the lower end of market and doing most of the hiring and firing of assistants himself.

The media has given him a flier ever since, basically using the scapegoat du jour discussion to fuel ratings and clicks. The majority public opinion is that Garrett is the problem.

Look at JJ's reaction today when confronted with the truth. That is going to shift a lot more "public opinion" toward JJ. If it does, he is far more likely to hire the best head coaching candidate out there instead of the one most willing to acquiesce to his meddling into coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                    Jerry is all about public opinion. That is what drove him to hire Parcells. He needed public opinion to shift so he could get his stadium built / seats sold.

After Parcells retired Jones went right back to his practice of paying his head coach at the lower end of market and doing most of the hiring and firing of assistants himself.

The media has given him a flier ever since, basically using the scapegoat du jour discussion to fuel ratings and clicks. The majority public opinion is that Garrett is the problem.

Look at JJ's reaction today when confronted with the truth. That is going to shift a lot more "public opinion" toward JJ. If it does, he is far more likely to hire the best head coaching candidate out there instead of the one most willing to acquiesce to his meddling into coaching.
                    The reaction when confronted with the "truth" is him being upset when his bought and paid for radio station asks him something a lil outside the cowboy narrative. A reminder of the cowboy narrative:

JJ is the beginning, middle, and end, that's it. Embrace it and get over it. What he says goes. Very simple (and respectable really) approach.
                    Last edited by camoclad; 12-06-2019, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                      The reaction when confronted with the "truth" is him being upset when his bought and paid for radio station asks him something a lil outside the cowboy narrative. A reminder of the cowboy narrative:

JJ is the beginning, middle, and end, that's it. Embrace it and get over it. What he says goes. Very simple (and respectable really) approach.
                      Sounds like you are looking for an argument where this isn't one. This comment was in response to another. JJ is the beginning, middle and end - I agree - of the organization and its abysmal failure ever since he decided he couldn't let a coach coach without meddling and micro-managing.

There is nothing to embrace or get over. Unless of course you are happy with this team and its on the field product.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                        Sounds like you are looking for an argument where this isn't one. This comment was in response to another. JJ is the beginning, middle and end - I agree - of the organization and its abysmal failure ever since he decided he couldn't let a coach coach without meddling and micro-managing.

There is nothing to embrace or get over. Unless of course you are happy with this team and its on the field product.
                        No argument with what you said here.

I'm not happy with the mediocrity, but I guess I have embraced JJs way. He ain't all that bad, and it's his ranch he can manage how he likes....

Comment

Comment

Why would Jerry change? I guess the stadium is sold out and still selling merchandise. He is a business man. JMO. Hit him in the pocket book and things change.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                              Why would Jerry change? I guess the stadium is sold out and still selling merchandise. He is a business man. JMO. Hit him in the pocket book and things change.
                              JJ's entire adult life has been one success after another. He would be a billionaire if he had nothing to do with football. He acquired the best franchise in the world and quickly continued his winning ways.....this has had an impact on him as he felt that like his oil company he was the key player in the success....clearly not...he is no football guy.....he had all of his minions (Cowboy Fans) tell him that he was a hero after he took over and hung a few banners in short order.....in his brain it was himself that was the difference. Congratulate yourself Cowboy fan base.....which I am part of. Ask Jerrah…..he is a FKN hall of famer....who would question his decisions??? YOU?? ME?? 105.3?? I don't think so. He has delivered.

Comment

Working...
                              X