No announcement yet.

John deere or Mahindra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for JD from me. Bought a 2005 JD 5303, 64 HP. Don’t know about dealer service issues because it’s never had to go back.

Comment

What's the old saying? John Deere....You can buy better but you can't pay more!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

I run a 48 HP Yanmar it’s been a pretty good tractor. All my family has run is Deere and Case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I chatted with the owner of a HUGE tractor dealership not long ago. His opinion was that JD and recently Kubota have slacked on quality and are just selling based on brand recognition alone. His recommendation was to go with a Branson. Cummins engine, better quality as they are still new(ish) in the market and want to build a name for themselves. If I were you, I’d chat with some local service techs as they see the good, bad and the ugly on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            Swarovski or vortex

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

That’s hilarious. Bought any Deere products in the last 3-5 years?
            More like Nikon or Vortex.

Comment

I have had a Mahindra 4400 for about 11 years and I love it. It is tough. If you buy one be sure to get a front end loader with a quick disconnect.

Comment

Less than 100hp kubota greater than 100hp Deere or Case Ih

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_g View Post
                  I chatted with the owner of a HUGE tractor dealership not long ago. His opinion was that JD and recently Kubota have slacked on quality and are just selling based on brand recognition alone. His recommendation was to go with a Branson. Cummins engine, better quality as they are still new(ish) in the market and want to build a name for themselves. If I were you, I’d chat with some local service techs as they see the good, bad and the ugly on a daily basis.
                  Branson was a brand I was extremely interested in as well. Problem was dealers. The closest one to me was over an hour away and just recently opened. The next one was about 3 hours away.

The Cummins engine had me looking. That and they’re heavy like a mahindra.

Comment

Kubota or mahindra not John deere

Comment

I have been a kubota mechanic for the last 5 years and the quaility of the tractors has only got better, we always tell people is go operate whatever brands your looking at then make a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                        Branson was a brand I was extremely interested in as well. Problem was dealers. The closest one to me was over an hour away and just recently opened. The next one was about 3 hours away.

The Cummins engine had me looking. That and they’re heavy like a mahindra.
                        Yep, that's the only reason I'm not going with Branson. I believe the nearest dealer is almost 4 hours away. Looks like I'm going to go with Mahindra.

Comment

Posted this on the other tractor thread that is running, but thought some might enjoy the information on this thread as well.

Below is a list of factories where John Deere tractors are manufactured:

Rosario, Argentina: Ag tractors
                          Montenegro, Brazil: Ag tractors
                          Harbin, China: Ag tractors
                          Ningbo, China: Ag tractors
                          Tianjin, China: tractors
                          Mannheim, Germany: Ag tractors
                          Dewas, India: Ag tractors
                          Pune, India: Ag tractors
                          Saltillo, Mexico: Ag tractors
                          Moscow/Domodedovo, Russia: Ag tractors
                          Augusta, Georgia, United States: Compact utility and utility tractors
                          Waterloo, Iowa, United States: Ag tractors
                          Greeneville, Tennessee, United States: Lawn and garden tractors
                          Horicon, Wisconsin, United States: Lawn and garden tractors

Comment

Working...
                          X