No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went this past weekend and put in some pretty good stand time. Didn't see 1 thing. Have lots of pictures just not encountering anything right now. Pretty discouraging to say the least. Of course when i'm driving out at 10:30 Am sunday i see 9 deer. Guess they were moving when i wasn't in the stand. Oh well, will be out there this weekend with the boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      We don't need no stinking guide, we are guides
      You sho right!!!

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Our lease is so muddy I can't even get my truck in the road to camp from the highway. I had to drive from Spring yesterday to meet my dad in Crocket to get our 4-wheeler. From there I had to drive to the lease, park the truck, take the 4-wheeler off the trailer, hook the trailer up to the 4-wheeler, then drive it all up to camp just so I can get around when I go up there. I left the 4-wheeler at camp then walked the 1.5 miles back to my truck. All while it was pouring rain.

But when I go back this still means parking just off the highway then walking up to camp, just so I can get the 4-wheeler to come back to my truck and get my stuff. Sheesh! What a mess this has been.

I have 2 culverts that are washing out at my gate. In one spot Im missing about 4 feet of the road. The other spot is missing about 2 feet. Bad part is we only own one of the culverts, the second is owned by someone else who realistically has no reason to maintain it cause its a private road that dead ends 30 yards past the culvert at our gate.

It so wet in our pasture we literally have minnows (not tadpoles) growing in the ATV ruts

Comment

Watching 4 does feast, still waiting on target buck. Last weekend so hunting hard

Comment

Hunted a food plot yesterday eve and had 22 deer in at one time. 19 anterless, 2 small bucks and one decent buck at last light unidentifiable. im taking dad to another spot this evening. His last hunt of the year so they better watch out.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
            My place was under water last weekend. With this recent rain, it is sure to be so thru then end of MLD season. I have about gave up. Having to wear waders just to get to you stands and cleaning your SxS for two hours after every hunting trip gets old quick.

It can stop raining anytime now.
            If you can believe it, the situation is actually worse now.......

Comment

GG
              Wishing good luck for you and your dad. It's a beautiful day out today.

Comment

GG
                Wishing good luck for you and your dad. It's a beautiful day out today.

Comment

Still after a buck but I did get some more meat for the freezer today. It’s been a super tough season and this was actually the first deer I’ve seen in over a month.

Click image for larger version

Name:	27EBEFD5-40B4-4DED-BF7B-DBEDC9A4DE6E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	24566875

Comment

That young doe will eat good, John. Congrats!

Comment

Right there with u, ended the season with a pretty decent but more importantly tender spike haha

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Question for yall more experienced hunters. I was hunting a new spot on the ground and seen a monster, unfortunately all I seen was head and rack on the other side for a hill so I was unable to get an arrow in him. I chose to hunt that spot because it's a timber cleaning with alot of scrapes. Now my question is now that the season is over. When should I get in there and put a stand for next season? Dont wanna spook em off. Only on 120acres

Comment

It was a tough year for me. I was skunked for the first time since 2015 in NETX.

I had some new setups and stopped hand throwing corn. I’m changing my setups back to the way they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Smokepole almost spoke this morning. Watched a 6 yr old 8 point we call “shredder” this morning. Just need him to cooperate and come in a little closer this evening. He’s a management deer, probably won’t break 105-110. Still a trophy to me with his age in east Texas.

this pic was a few nights ago.

Last edited by Tshelly; 01-12-2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

One more hunt. Buck forage oats came up after the f n army worms.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                                One more hunt. Buck forage oats came up after the f n army worms.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

They look dang good. I’ve been impressed with the results on the buck forage this year. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X