• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of our conservation hunts last year

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
      Johnpaul, just heard the hunting dog podcast with your fiance. Was a fun listen. I've got a jagd that I want to try on ducks this year.
      That’s awesome! She has 2 more JRT’s in her runs right now that she is training for clients. Maybe terriers are the future of duck dogs 😂😃

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
        That’s awesome! She has 2 more JRT’s in her runs right now that she is training for clients. Maybe terriers are the future of duck dogs ����
        lol, i don't know about that. When watching RNT, my wife looked at me and said don't even think about it.

Comment

@mooch

Do you ever go out and scout?

Buddy of mine said he's gotten reports of good number of teal in west Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
            @mooch

Do you ever go out and scout?

Buddy of mine said he's gotten reports of good number of teal in west Texas.

Unfortunately I don't.

From what I've seen passing by in past years, if you have a decent sized body of water it'll hold birds though. Just haven't had much time to focus on it.

Oh, and tons of Sandhills around Big Spring. It can be unbelievable at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
              Alligator question. Since Anahuac NWR did away with camping in line the night before, and with the flatbill wearing millennials showing up at Justin Hurst by the thousands, we are think about Mad Island or Guadalupe Delta.

ARE ALLIGATORS going to eat our dog????

Also, we are two Dads each with a Teen hunter. One of the teens is a girl and one hell of a hunter. For a group of four, we do pretty well.
              I've killed a lot of ducks out on mad Island but usually the most on days where your not going to kill them on the main land. If the fishing boats are going you will kill your limits. If no boats are going you won't.

Comment

YEah, I'm itching to get in the duck blind myself. Thank god for all the rain we're getting. Hoping we get a late season rain.

Comment

Comment

They were around in small groups last week in Blessing. Going to run my boat soon out in brazoria as well as a few other places

Comment

What calls do y’all use? I use a whistle and Duck commanders teal hen.

Don’t see the need to mallard quack them to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post

Whistle, High Roller, and gadwall drake 95% of the time.

Two of my favorite sounds of duck season are hearing guys throw hail calls and feed calls across the open bay, and then hearing about a 15 shot volley followed by...DRAKE!....DAMMIT DRAKE NO BIRD.....GET BACK HERE DRAKE!

Drove back from Colorado yesterday. Saw some decent numbers of birds up in north Texas but not much happening down this way from the limited areas I could see from the road.

Comment

[ATTACH]923780[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]923779[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]923783[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]923784[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]923785[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]923786[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]923787[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]923788[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post

whistle, teal hen, feed chuckle, and comeback call usually gets it done for us.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                                whistle, teal hen, feed chuckle, and comeback call usually gets it done for us.

That comeback call though [emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X