Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, shoot straight

Comment

Well you guys and gals are sticking them up. Nice...

Comment

I'm going to try my best to get gone from work today in time to make a late evening hunt back out in the ANF with the crossbow. Maybe this dang inventory audit we were hit with today will be complete in time....

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
          Hunted this morning, didn't expect much with the wind gusting how it was. About 8:20 had a yearling doe come in followed my a solid 5 year old ten point. I had him scored 136-140". He had been running with the deer I've been trying to kill this year so I passed on him and waited. He meandered around in front of me for about 15 minutes before he chased a doe off. I did notice that his right eye is freshly gouged out. May end up regretting passing on him but I'm on a mission for one particular deer currently so that's what I, going to stick to for now.
          Finally uploaded the camera pics of this deer. If you notice in the last pic his messed up eye. Hope he makes it another year.
          Attached Files

Comment

Mike Tyson, got a hold of him.

Comment

Anyone seeing mature bucks tending does?

Also, random question. The raccoons around my place quit eating corn at feeders and just took the feeders home. I still have one feeder out but as of last weekend my bucks had just started checking it out. That is on the NE side of my property. About 800 yards away where I had another feeder, now has a good scrape in an oak flat. Game cameras left with the raccoons as well. Would I be better off hunting the feeder that has my most recent buck activity (that I know of)? Or would I be better off hunting over the scrape Saturday morning after the rain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                Anyone seeing mature bucks tending does?

Also, random question. The raccoons around my place quit eating corn at feeders and just took the feeders home. I still have one feeder out but as of last weekend my bucks had just started checking it out. That is on the NE side of my property. About 800 yards away where I had another feeder, now has a good scrape in an oak flat. Game cameras left with the raccoons as well. Would I be better off hunting the feeder that has my most recent buck activity (that I know of)? Or would I be better off hunting over the scrape Saturday morning after the rain?

I'd hunt the scrape away from a feeder but that's just what I like to do . I've put cameras 100 yards away from my feeders and caught bucks circling the feeder .. bucks that were never on the feeder camera..

I had 11 coons on my camera lastnight. They empty 100 lbs of corn in 4 days.. I'm off for a week and have 10 coon traps it's about to be war..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                  I'd hunt the scrape away from a feeder but that's just what I like to do . I've put cameras 100 yards away from my feeders and caught bucks circling the feeder .. bucks that were never on the feeder camera..

I had 11 coons on my camera lastnight. They empty 100 lbs of corn in 4 days.. I'm off for a week and have 10 coon traps it's about to be war..

I was thinking the scrape is the place to be. Just wanted to see people’s opinions. I think I need traps for my coons too.

Comment

Well boys, expecting a lot of pics this weekend. I hope to have one on here myself.

Comment

Good lucky tomorrow .. should be a good day ..

Comment

Anyone seeing movement? I think the deer are gonna lay up until late morning around here. Still a bit windy

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                          Anyone seeing movement? I think the deer are gonna lay up until late morning around here. Still a bit windy

I saw 3 bucks on the way here this morning. Just had a doe and yearling pass me about 30 min ago...

Comment

4 yr old 8 cruised by about 15 mins ago. Several deer moved thru since sunrise.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a deer bust me right after I posted this. Never saw it but it blew about 30 yards away. Which is weird because the wind was in my face and she was off to my right. At least I know they’re moving

Comment

Saw 4 deer today, 1 buck(7pt), 3 doe, from 930-1030. Shot at the biggest doe and missed. Got no idea what happened. Son shot a scraggly 8pt, early this AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X