Bow blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow blind

I’ve had this one in mothballs for a couple years now after moving it off a place where they were cutting timber. Too much labor in it to risk it to a wild skidder hand

My son and I put it up here at home on our largest food plot and overlooking a feeder. It’s built out of cattle panels and put on a commercial platform built by the RealBark guys in Henderson. I expect more hogs to succumb here than deer, because we shoot zero does at home and only one buck per year, if that.
    Attached Files

Front view. Big window in front and smaller ones on the sides. One facing the CanAm in the first pic needs the military type netting cut out, the last place I had it I had no shot that way so I left it covered.
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! What did you use for siding and roof material?

Comment

Originally posted by parkchief100 View Post
        Very nice! What did you use for siding and roof material?
        The roof was a “second” at RealBark that was gonna be melted back down and the blind is just cattle panel turned in a circle with a door fabricated from another panel. I built four of these but this is the only one on a tower. This one is covered in black plastic, then camo burlap, then the netting on the outside. They are hot for early season except in the mornings, but they do work well to keep your scent in.

Here’s one “naked”.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Drycreek3189; 09-02-2019, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Nice looking blind, very simple.

By the way, I see that Sarge got a new Can Am. His "service people" take good care of him.

Nice looking machine Don, congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            Nice looking blind, very simple.

By the way, I see that Sarge got a new Can Am. His "service people" take good care of him.

Nice looking machine Don, congrats.
            Thanks Jeff. I got the idea from looking at the plastic blinds that RealBark made. I did quite a bit of dirt work for the owner and got to know him pretty well. At the time they didn’t make bow friendly blinds so I bought a couple platforms and went from there. I originally had the front window bigger than needed and attached the shoot through netting with flat bar bolted together to “sandwich” the netting. Later I ditched that and now I just use regular paper clamps like you would use in an office to clamp a sheaf of papers together. Works like a charm and you can drop the netting to use a handgun or rifle, or to change out the netting. The rebar at the top keeps the plastic roof from caving in if you want to brush it up and serves to hang my Ozonics unit on also. I have three more on short wooden platforms. Easy to move with three people or just me with my tractor and forks. Here’s one of them.
            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                The roof was a “second” at RealBark that was gonna be melted back down and the blind is just cattle panel turned in a circle with a door fabricated from another panel. I built four of these but this is the only one on a tower. This one is covered in black plastic, then camo burlap, then the netting on the outside. They are hot for early season except in the mornings, but they do work well to keep your scent in.

Here’s one “naked”.
                How do you draw a bow back in that little thing ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                  How do you draw a bow back in that little thing ?
                  I guess appearances can be deceiving. It’s 6’ across. Plenty of room, better than most popups.

Comment

I guess appearances can be deceiving. It’s 6’ across. Plenty of room, better than most popups.

How tall is it? Aren’t the panels only 4’ tall?

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                      How tall is it? Aren’t the panels only 4’ tall?
                      The panels have been added onto. I used a partial panel and welded it to a full one, but utility panels are 54” tall I think. Anyway, you can stand up in it.

Where the red dots are it’s tacked all around. The top is a dome, so it’s higher in the center.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Drycreek3189; 09-02-2019, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Very nice! Good job!

Comment

The panels have been added onto. I used a partial panel and welded it to a full one, but utility panels are 54” tall I think. Anyway, you can stand up in it.

Where the red dots are it’s tacked all around. The top is a dome, so it’s higher in the center.

Very nice. Thank you.

Comment

Added a little camo today to let it blend a bit more. Normally, with rainfall, that cedar will stay green for awhile. Probably not this year, it’s as dry as a popcorn fart here, but the needles will stay on through deer season.
                            Attached Files

Comment

THAT is a GREAT design sir! I'm likely to steal some of your ideas! I have a couple old bow blinds I took down from our old lease that I need to rebuild. Think I'll use those utility panels instead of the welded wire I originally used. I already have the frames, just need to attach the panels.
                              Good luck with it takin' out some porkers!

Comment

Working...
                              X