Youth Hunt Antlerless/Spike Chaparral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Hunt Antlerless/Spike Chaparral

Lightning strikes for my son - second time selected for the Antlerless/Spike hunt at the Chaparral Nov 5-6.

We just received the confirmation. Last time was one of the best hunts we've ever been on for seeing lots of game and a lot of BIG deer.

Anyone else selected?

That's Awesome! My daughter and I hunted there several years back. Had a blast! My son just gone drawn for the Muse WMA antlerless/spike hunt October 29-30

Comment

My daughter was drawn for the 11/12-11/13 hunt. This will be her first deer hunt and both of our first time on a drawn hunt. In fact, this was the first year she was in the draw. I can't wait to tell her tonight. I actually just posted about it in ATC to see if I could get some info on how the hunts happen and what I can expect regarding lodging/camping.
      Last edited by Slow&Steady; 09-08-2016, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DroptineDreamer View Post
        That's Awesome! My daughter and I hunted there several years back. Had a blast! My son just gone drawn for the Muse WMA antlerless/spike hunt October 29-30
        I was hoping for the MUSE - my older son is a freshman playing football and baseball at Howard Payne University. I've heard great things about MUSE. Have fun and post pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow&Steady View Post
          My daughter was drawn for the 11/12-11/13 hunt. This will be her first deer hunt and both of our first time on a drawn hunt. In fact, this was the first year she was in the draw. I can't wait to tell her tonight. I actually just posted about it in ATC to see if I could get some info on how the hunts happen and what I can expect regarding lodging/camping.
          Primitive camp sight w/shower and bathroom (2). Close to the road so go as far back as possible. I can't remember if there was cold storage or not at the ranger station. The Chap is high fenced and you'll see some great bucks. There are tower blinds or you can bring popup blinds. Baiting allowed. There is possibilities for some long shots but the brush is thick.

I hoe this helps.

Comment

Comment

here's one from our last visit to the Chap -

Comment

Not drawn this year. Will try again next year.

Comment

My sons got drawn to the Chaparral for 11/12-11/13 weekend!. First time hunting there. They also got Gus Engeling, good year so far!.

Comment

There is a walk in cooler at the headquarters.

Comment

It has been a few years; but if I recall they did pre-bait areas for the youth hunts. with all the rain I'm sure it's green. Best of luck to everyone. I'll post pictures and updates after the hunt.

Comment

We will be there the 5th and 6th as well! First time hunting the Chap, we are looking forward to it. We will be camping, stop by and say hi.

Comment

<-----------This deer came from the Chap about 8 years ago

Comment

Working...
                          X