Benchmade ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benchmade ID

Does anyone know if this is a real or fake Benchmade? If it's real I'd love to know the model #. I have no idea what the engraving is either.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210113_190016439.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	25238642

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210113_190025728~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	25238643

It doesn't look like any Benchmade I've ever seen...

Comment

Me either. I own a few, but I'm not familiar with the style of this one. I even went back through some older catalogs to see if I could find something that looks similar. So far no luck. I'm thinking it's probably an imposter. Hopefully someone else can chime in and say yes or no either way. Thanks for weighing in.

Comment

At that price? Not likely

Comment

Where did you see this?

Comment

Originally posted by Blownshelby View Post
            Where did you see this?
            Not sure of the location. My brother sent me the pic to see if I thought it was legit. I'm not a knife expert so I thought I'd tap into the GS braintrust. Why did you ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              At that price? Not likely
              It's used, a little worn, and assisted opening (not auto).

If it was genuine I think that the price isn't too far off. Especially since it's obviously an older model.

All of this of course depends on if the authenticity can be proved. I'm kind of thinking it's not.

Comment

Bench made do sell a few knives that are made in China. I bought one 15-20 years ago and it broke so I sent it to them to fix and they sent me a brand new one.

Comment

Going with counterfeit....no steel composite stamp and “BENCHMADE” is too far out of butterfly logo & pocket clip ergo is wrong

Comment

Going with counterfeit....no steel composite stamp and “BENCHMADE” is too far out of butterfly logo & pocket clip ergo is wrong
                    Good catch on the logo. Did a little searching and it does seem too wide.

I have a H&K Scorch (made by benchmade) that also lacks a steel stamp. I know it is authentic since Benchmade just sent it back after repair. I was thinking that maybe this was originally one of the branded Benchmade like my H&K?

Comment

I’ve owned approximately 50+ and still have stock and limited editions, probably 20, none looked like this jfyi

Comment

I’ve owned approximately 50+ and still have stock and limited editions, probably 20, none looked like this jfyi
                        I consider that qualified advice. I imagine that's a nice collection. Thank you.

Comment

Again... Not disagreeing. I just love a good mystery.

This looks like the pocket clip.

Explore our upcoming our products from classic favorites to new additions. Shop our knives, accessories, gear, and much more! Find exactly what you are looking for.

Comment

Maybe only one way to find out is send to benchmade or send a email with photos
                            Counterfeiting is a major problem in the knife world, so we created this guide on how to tell if your knife is a fake and what to do if it is.
                            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-13-2021, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Img_5706.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X