No announcement yet.

Living 45 min from DFW airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We live just west of Weatherford from Mansfield. Weatherford area is great wished we had moved years ago. By the way I work all over the metro mess and the commute is so worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1134 View Post
      Justin, Argyle, Ponder, Krum

I live in Justin, office is near the airport. Not a bad drive currently with less travel on the roads. 114 can be a beach sometimes.
      I second these areas. Having grown up in south Arlington and Mansfield anything south of dfw has changed significantly. Look north west along that 35w area in the Justin/Ponder area. More bang for your buck vs north east which is the Frisco/Prosper area, and is growing exponentially.

Comment

Your screwed..... I was born and raised in west side Fort Worth. W'ford/Azle area. I moved to Tulsa in '90 to work for the big double A and spent 23 years there. My job moved my department back to DFW in 2013. I'm in NRH now.
        I'm a born and raised Texan but I can tell you this...
        When I retire in about 6-7 years I'm headed back north across the Red River. This place has gone to the birds. Too many people for me, and you just can't get out far enough to get away from them without driving over an hour to DFW.
        If she ain't the main bread winner, I'd talk her out of it!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

We really don't need any more people north of Frisco....

Comment

Lewisville, Grapevine

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
              We really don't need any more people north of Frisco....

Oh yes we do. Bring those Frisco home prices so I can sell and move home to the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Justin is a nice place to live, lived there on and off and have a brother who still lives there. The school system is good also if you have kids that age.

Comment

Arlington Mansfield

Comment

Originally posted by Rustled Again View Post
                    Grapevine. Most of DFW is in Grapevine. Still has a little small town feel and centrally located.
                    X2

Tired of looking at strip malls and want a town feel. R.A. is spot on and you won't get closer for no commute.

Comment

I would say paradise/Justin, easy access to 114. I live in haslet and its a triangle of traffic with the railroads (stopped trains blocking the road) and packed two lane roads, Amazon, UPS, and FedEx distribution centers.

Comment

We live in between Murphy and Wylie and really like it. Been here 12 ish years but it seems to be changing as the city gets closer and closer everyday. Same drive to DFW or Love and close enough to Dallas in case you need it.

Comment

We live in Prosper, but I’d recommend Weatherford/Aledo. Prosper/Celina are going to be crazy crowded in the next few years. Will take a little longer and the feeling is a little better the closer to Ft Worth side of things you stay. That side is also closer to your Family from what you said.

Comment

Brock

Comment

I’m not worried about a commute, I work from home, and only need access to the airport 8-10 times per year. I’m not sure what she will do, or if she will work.

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                              Your screwed..... I was born and raised in west side Fort Worth. W'ford/Azle area. I moved to Tulsa in '90 to work for the big double A and spent 23 years there. My job moved my department back to DFW in 2013. I'm in NRH now.
                              I'm a born and raised Texan but I can tell you this...
                              When I retire in about 6-7 years I'm headed back north across the Red River. This place has gone to the birds. Too many people for me, and you just can't get out far enough to get away from them without driving over an hour to DFW.
                              If she ain't the main bread winner, I'd talk her out of it!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                              I think I’ve staved off this move at least for a few more years. We’ve been compiling a list of “wants” in a new home and after sending several listings from different areas I think she concluded not only would we not get these features we would likely have a lateral move and end up with a smaller lot size.....

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                                X