Timed Protein Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timed Protein Feeders

Looking to add a timed protein feeder. Leaning towards the TWS 2000# timed option. I like the fact that you can feed free choice or use it as a timed feeder. Anyone have any experience with these feeders?

Pros/cons on the Lamco or HB timed feeders?

The Lamco timed trough feeder is the next one I’ve ever owned. I’ve had it at least 5 years now and it’s working flawlessly. It’s stood up to cows, Axis, goats, and deer with no issues.

Comment

I'm interested as well. I like the ASF stand and fill protein model, but have ZERO experience with any of them. I found the ASF in OK about an hour from my lease, but am not ready to pull the trigger.

Comment

I have used Lamco timed feeders for 10 years. I like them over the ASF because of the trough access for the deer. The only problem with them is if it rains and you are using protein versus something like soybean.

Comment

I do not own the aforementioned; however, I have a Ranch King Mighty Buck that has worked flawlessly.

Comment

I have Krivoman feeders with The Hammer units. They work great.

I would suggest the The Hammer units that come with their own tubes vs the Krivoman tubes. You get 4 vs 3 and the Krivoman is too low. Coons can stand and reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

I would suggest the The Hammer units that come with their own tubes vs the Krivoman tubes. You get 4 vs 3 and the Krivoman is too low. Coons can stand and reach it.
              My units are the same length as Hammers. Also I have 4 tubes or 3 depending on 3 or 4 leg feeders. If your feeder is too low and you got it from me then the legs are wrong. Please let me know what it is and we will figure it out. My tubes are 38 inches from ground when on my feeders.

Comment

I have 4 of the All Seasons stand and fill feeders. Been using them for 4 years and have been very satisfied. I use them in an attractant capacity ( feed a few seconds morning and evening ) along with the regular corn feeders. It seems to work out very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

I have the same setup, but you must have my legs because mine seems high around the length of 2 coons

Comment

We are switching to the ranch king mighty buck timed protein feeders. Set up the 1st one last weekend.

Comment

I’ve got the LAMCO 1500lber, deer love it. They eat it up even when it rains.

Comment

I’ve had great success with the hammer on existing feeders that I’ve had

Comment

I appreciate all of the feedback regarding different protein feeder options.

Comment

Originally posted by chaseh View Post
                            I'm interested as well. I like the ASF stand and fill protein model, but have ZERO experience with any of them. I found the ASF in OK about an hour from my lease, but am not ready to pull the trigger.
                            What part of Oklahoma? I’m looking for the same between ft worth and McAlester- Interested in the 1000lb stand and fill timed protein feeder

Comment

10 years with Lamco. Never had a single issue. Heck, I can only recall a couple of battery changes, and still have the original timers.

Comment

Working...
                              X