Lake calcasieu fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    I drove through Hackberry last week. There isn't a house standing that doesn't have damage, except the ones that have been repaired. About one third of them are gone. I work in Hackberry, more than half the people I work with from there are displaced, several have had their homes completely destroyed. You might be able to find a travel trailer for rent.
    If you are not going till March, there may be some repaired by then.
    I saw damaged houses in hackberry. Never being there before I can’t say how many were gone or just never there. I was surprised to see several houses on canals that did not seem to have as much damage as the ones in lake Charles. I guess it did not seem to have as much damage because it seemed like not as many trees there. I know the whole area was hit hard.

Comment

My brother found it on VRBO and it looks to be as it was, but gonna ask for recent pictures thanks

Comment

Good luck! March is a very tough time usually on Big Lake. Wind is unpredictable day to day, tides ,rain, water temps. We usually make it down for spring break every year.

I tend to focus on Turners up into Prien and flats off the channel if there is no wind then. But usually there is wind which forces me either into Black Bayou area, LNG, and Edges of Turners, or down the Salt Ditch and Kelso and Cuts in and out of black lake.

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
          His name was Brian I can’t remember his last name off hand

Hanchey? Jeremy Waltrip has been catching some fish too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We go in October, usually slam them couple 100 fish the day under the birds.

Comment

March is topwater time if you can get on the water. Fish the south end over oyster reefs if there are any left. I think the dredgers wiped most of them out.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                  We go in October, usually slam them couple 100 fish the day under the birds.
                  One of the only things I don't like about coaching football in TX, is that i don't get to go to big lake in September/October anymore.

Man talk about good fishing. I can smell the beer, trout, and mosquito spray like I'm still there!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                    One of the only things I don't like about coaching football in TX, is that i don't get to go to big lake in September/October anymore.

Man talk about good fishing. I can smell the beer, trout, and mosquito spray like I'm still there!

Yes Sir,

Comment

Is everything open on the lake? I thought I heard they had some parts of it closed. Sure is a fun place to fish.

Comment

Last October 9, 2-days One of our good trips we did a lot of culling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                          Is everything open on the lake? I thought I heard they had some parts of it closed. Sure is a fun place to fish.
                          I think the refuge is closed from what I've seen people post on FB.

But could be wrong. I don't live there anymore.

Comment

We had a lot of luck in March in the ship channel pretty close to where it dumps into the gulf. Also in a back lake off the channel between Hackberry and the gulf.

Comment

Any particular soft plastics that work better than others or try live bait if available?

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                                Any particular soft plastics that work better than others or try live bait if available?
                                Anything LSU, Blue Moon, Mardi Gras, Pearl colors with Chartruese.

Get you some VUDU Wedgetails. If you really want a thrill, Flyfish the marsh

Comment

Working...
                                X