Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as the season comes to a close.......

Comment

Wish I had a lead for you. The ones that I know of are full.

Comment

Originally posted by SharpEnd View Post
        Wish I had a lead for you. The ones that I know of are full.
        Thanks. It gets tougher every year to find a place. Place I’m on now, I was told had axis and blackbuck. I was shown photos and it looked promising. In two years and probably 75 sits, I have not laid eyes on a single exotic. Very frustrating. Somewhere, someone will eventually have an opening, I hope!
        Last edited by Dr. Evil; 01-07-2021, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Have you tried CAD websites? Look for out of state owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
            I can point you in the direction of an awesome NM oryx hunt at a great price but no help on the lease though
            Pm sent

Comment

I can get you on my bow lease in Gillespie County but it’s not year round. It’s just archery season pretty much. I believe it’s 400 acres and we have plenty of axis. Sometimes they are hit or miss but I’ve been hunting it for 7 years and have never had a season go by that I didn’t at least have axis in bow range at some point. 4 guys on the lease but really only 3 of us hunt. Not sure if that would be of interest since it’s not year round, but something to think about. Oh and we have a hunting lodge with running water and electricity.
              Last edited by DS_1974; 01-07-2021, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
                Have you tried CAD websites? Look for out of state owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yes, I have tried that. No luck so far.

Comment

Originally posted by DS_1974 View Post
                  I can get you on my bow lease in Gillespie County but it’s not year round. It’s just archery season pretty much. I believe it’s 400 acres and we have plenty of axis. Sometimes they are hit or miss but I’ve been hunting it for 7 years and have never had a season go by that I didn’t at least have axis in bow range at some point. 4 guys on the lease but really only 3 of us hunt. Not sure if that would be of interest since it’s not year round, but something to think about. Oh and we have a hunting lodge with running water and electricity.
                  Thanks, but I am looking for a place to hunt axis year round and be able to use x-bow and rifle.
                  Last edited by Dr. Evil; 01-08-2021, 09:39 AM.

Comment

I'm wondering if you may have any better success if you invested in a camper, even if its not a great one. I more than understand its hard to find a lease right now, but id imagine finding one with lodging narrows the results even more

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
                      I'm wondering if you may have any better success if you invested in a camper, even if its not a great one. I more than understand its hard to find a lease right now, but id imagine finding one with lodging narrows the results even more
                      Very good point. I will edit my criteria. I have no issue with buying a cheap, used travel trailer. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Edit: I am open to a place that I will have to provide my own lodging. Please PM me if you have any leads.

Thank you!!

Comment

I wish I could help you....im in the same boat as you, but even worse i probably couldn't (or shouldn't be) offering a finders fee in search of a lease....I know i certainly won't be hunting another season where I did these past 2...if I want to make a 5.5 hr voyage to the hill country to not harvest anything I can do it much cheaper than paying a lease membership...-its called camping!...i used to do it when my kids were younger...

Comment

ttt

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                              I wish I owned a ranch in one of those counties. Dr. Evil is so persistent I'd let him hunt for free.

I'm glad it's not that hard to find a lease in GA.
                              Buy a place in one of those counties and I will take care of it for you!

Comment

Let's put a group together and throw some money at some land owners.

Comment

Working...
                                X