Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which processors to use near Cooke County and Montague County?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colton View Post
    Fischer’s in Muenster
    This!!!! they are good

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      I know Smoke and Boobie, probably know Cheese as well.
      Bet you know my spouse as well but we've been out of Texas for a while.

Can't go wrong with any of the processors in Muenster really. Hess just handles a little less volume, used to anyway. And their summer sausage was a TAMP winner years back. We buy the seasoning mix from them and make our own now, either place sells theirs.
      Pretty sure Walterscheid was one of the H&W that is now Hess Meats.

Fischer's smoked slab bacon is great too, we buy whole slabs and freeze it and bring back to Wyoming.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
        Bet you know my spouse as well but we've been out of Texas for a while.

Can't go wrong with any of the processors in Muenster really. Hess just handles a little less volume, used to anyway. And their summer sausage was a TAMP winner years back. We buy the seasoning mix from them and make our own now, either place sells theirs.
        Pretty sure Walterscheid was one of the H&W that is now Hess Meats.

Fischer's smoked slab bacon is great too, we buy whole slabs and freeze it and bring back to Wyoming.
        Hess was half owner of Fischer's, he bought H & W and changed the name, I think he is building a new facility in Lindsay as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dpod1 View Post
          The smoked cheese.
          Definitely!! We stop on the way back from dove hunting every yr and load up.
          We are on the coast now, and brought a bunch of cheese and bacon from Fischers.
          Friends who drove in from Iowa & Kentucky are eating it like crack, trying to figure out how to get there on their way back home 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

I used Hess and they did awesome.

Comment

Not in Cooke county but i use Bluebonnet Meats in Trenton here to as well. Never had any complaints.

Comment

Working...
              X