Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have SPOONED him.

Comment

What’s the rule about the bands and it being a coral snake vs the one that looks like a coral snake? (Kill em all I say)

Comment

Red and black friend of jack black and yellow kill a fella

Comment

There is a rare coral IN TEXAS with a diversion to the common colors. That is scary and never knew that until a couple years ago. I can not remember the difference but it was substantial. I now have to look it up again. They can be aggressive although have a tougher time getting a bite with smaller mouth. I have encountered on my yesteryear land near Leander, 3 roughly 28" which is bigger than the books note as full size. I saw one at Georgetown Cedar Breaks Park which I would guess was at least 28" up to 30"plus. Not sure of current protections etc. but a coral used to bring a Very large $ sum per inch and had to be fresh. I never sold one. Very darned deadly. I actually chased one of my three down which was about 1/3 swallowed by my laying hen. I grabbed by its tail and pulled. It was much alive at that moment at least.

Comment

Man I just looked. There are several versions in the family across the regions.

Comment

Killed one in the street that had just crawoed out of a neighbor's yard that was 31" minus the head---biggest one I've ever seen.

I'm betting yours is every bit that big and most likely longer-

Comment

Would be dead meat if I saw it!

Comment

Dog got this one the other morning...bout 18 inches

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
                    There is a rare coral IN TEXAS with a diversion to the common colors. That is scary and never knew that until a couple years ago. I can not remember the difference but it was substantial. I now have to look it up again. They can be aggressive although have a tougher time getting a bite with smaller mouth. I have encountered on my yesteryear land near Leander, 3 roughly 28" which is bigger than the books note as full size. I saw one at Georgetown Cedar Breaks Park which I would guess was at least 28" up to 30"plus. Not sure of current protections etc. but a coral used to bring a Very large $ sum per inch and had to be fresh. I never sold one. Very darned deadly. I actually chased one of my three down which was about 1/3 swallowed by my laying hen. I grabbed by its tail and pulled. It was much alive at that moment at least.
                    Interesting. I have never heard that. Can you post the info when you find it?

Comment

the second I saw was about 30 inches. and for some reason it was mistaken for a king snake. in my youth it was told that coral's don't grow longer than 18 to 20 inches. both were left alive. later found out that the anti venom is no longer being made.

Comment

My dog killed this one a few weeks ago.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I should have mentioned that my wife then reminded me of the pets and small children we have. I proceeded to “let him go” in the brush in multiple pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just relocated a 12” one. Dog found it in the back yard.

Comment

That's a big one. I used to give them a pass until I read that they stopped producing anti-venom for coral snakes. Not a big enough market for it. Then I thought if the snake that I let go, happen to bite some kid that mistook it for a King Snake, and got sick and died, I'd have wished I'd have just killed it. I know the odds are crazy low, hence the lack of market for the anti-venom, I just don't care that much about the survival of snakes. I'm not for killing them all, but I'm for killing all of them than can kill you or hurt you bad.

Comment

Large coral snake and black panther in the same photo. Thats awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X