No announcement yet.

What in the hail is "blackstrap"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you mean to tell me you have never had fried blackstrap?!?!

Comment

I may have to head down town and pick me up some of that "black-strap!" Wow it looks good!

Comment

If someone has some "blackstrap" for "sell" and would like to "sale" me some I am a buyer. Exotic only, of course.

Comment

Are your friends just idiots that don't know how to say backstrap? Sounds about as real as left side brisket being superior to right side brisket...
          Last edited by HUNTNETIME; 09-02-2016, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
            Are your friends just idiots that don't know how to say backstrap? Sounds about as real as left side brisket...
            Just did a blackstrap search on TBH. Looks like I have been mispronouncing it all these years.

Comment

Blackstrap on a cathead biscuit. Blackstrap is made from sorghum sugar cane.
              My grandpa made it. You can still buy it in stores.

If you are under 60 you probably never heard of it unless you visited your grandparents for
              breakfast.

Smear some on some venison backstrap and grill it.
              Last edited by muzzlebrake; 09-02-2016, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                Blackstrap on a cathead biscuit. Blackstrap is made from sorghum sugar cane.
                My grandpa made it. You can still buy it in stores.

If you are under 60 you probably never heard of it unless you visited your grandparents for
                breakfast.

Smear some on some venison backstrap and grill it.
                I believe y'all on the molasses thing. But every time I saw the word they were talking about venison blackstrap or fried blackstrap.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
                  Are your friends just idiots that don't know how to say backstrap? Sounds about as real as left side brisket being superior to right side brisket...
                  Everybody knows the right one is bigger than the left one...

Comment

I have no idea what blackstrap is.

Sent from my iPhone with blacktooth technology

Comment

Now I'm confused.

Comment

Bobby - when you find out let me know and I'll sale you some.

Comment

I got whupped with a black strap a few times when i was a kid. They never tried to make me eat it though. Those black straps were good for sharpening a razor and keeping kids in line.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            I got whupped with a black strap a few times when i was a kid. They never tried to make me eat it though. Those black straps were good for sharpening a razor and keeping kids in line.
                            Yep. Only blackstrap I know of was on my azz growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              Think I have one of those old leather straps that was made for punishment. I believe it has words stamped into it.

Comment

Well Im an idiot! I just did a TBH search like Chew did. Apparently BLACKSTRAP is part of a deer. I guess thats where you hit em if they duck. I hope I dont blackstrap one this year. Hundreds of search results. you can expect me to use the word in proper context going forward.
                                THANKS CHEW!

Comment

Working...
                                X