6.6 mm Accubond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.6 mm Accubond

I shot a nice buck a few days ago with a 129 gr 6.5mm Accubond from my 260 Rem. He went about 20 yards but there was no blood trail. The wound was a pass thru. When I cleaned him I found there was about a 1 inch hole in his heart and he had bled out internally. Does the damage to the heart explain no blood trail?

6.6 mm Accubond

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
    I shot a nice buck a few days ago with a 129 gr 6.5mm Accubond from my 260 Rem. He went about 20 yards but there was no blood trail. The wound was a pass thru. When I cleaned him I found there was about a 1 inch hole in his heart and he had bled out internally. Does the damage to the heart explain no blood trail?

That’s odd. My wife shoots those in her 6.5x47 and there’s usually blood everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sometimes it just happens. Had it with a .30-06 shooting lead soft point bullets and a 6.5 CM shooting 143 ELD-X’s.

Comment

Yes. You're absolutely right man.

Comment

I shot a mule deer 2 weeks ago with a 130AB out of a .260 at just under 300 yards through the top of the heart and had a good bit of blood even though he didn’t go but 10 steps.

You never know what will happen when that bullet impacts. Every animal is different.

Comment

You’ll be hard pressed to find a better hunting Bullet than an accubond. Strange occurrence there

Comment

I had that happen to me with the same bullet - it ran so far that my father in law made fun of me for missing. The heart was ground meat when we cleaned her out, put a bad taste in my mouth for that ammo - I still use it though. I have soup sandwiched a lot of big pigs with it. I think it was just a freak of nature.

Comment

Working...
              X