Ultimate stress test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate stress test

Went on a evening dove hunt 2 days ago. While looking for a cripple I felt something hit my leg just above my boot. I took a couple of more steps and thought I heard a rattlesnake so I stopped to listen (I don't hear well anymore). At that same moment I realized there was nothing around that should have hit me in my leg that high and felt something running down my leg. I immediately snatched my pants leg up and there it was 2 small holes and blood running down my leg. So here I am 1 hour from the nearest hospital by myself. I called my wife and got in the truck and started the trek in. It ended up being a dry bite thank God. All this being said my heart and colon are in great shape.
    Attached Files

Um yes, that would of been a big time pucker situation. Glad you are ok!

Comment

How are your underwear? Thank goodness it was a dry bite!! Did you ever see the snake?

Comment

How ‘bout your drawers ?

Comment

You one lucky man !

Comment

Oh wow!

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
              How are your underwear? Thank goodness it was a dry bite!! Did you ever see the snake?
              I never looked back once I realized what had happened. I started to panic knowing how far I had to go to get to help. So I made the walk to the truck and took pics of the bite and started driving. I past a Nuclear dump site that I know has a full fledge fire dept. in it I pulled over there and checked the bite again circled it and took more pics so I would be able to show progress when I got to the hospital that's when I really started to calm down. There was no major swelling yet and I was in no pain. The ER nurse on the phone said I may not feel the pain because of adrenaline but with no swelling I felt a lot better about it.

Comment

Glad to hear you’re ok !! Did you have Snake proof boots on ?How high was the bite on your leg ?

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                  Glad to hear you’re ok !! Did you have Snake proof boots on ?How high was the bite on your leg ?
                  I did not have my snake boots on and the bite was just about 14" up my leg just above the top of a pair of Ariat work boots. Rest assured I will have them on until it gets cold from now on. You only get that kind of lucky once in your life.

Comment

did you get to see how big he was? How long? And or how close you were?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                      did you get to see how big he was? How long? And or how close you were?
                      I did not see how big he was from fang to fang it was roughly 1/2" not sure on distance but it was obviously to close lol

Comment

Guardian angle...been bird hunting since I could walk & never wore snake boots until way into adulthood.

They say the pain is brutal...I would have been terrified but feeling lucky if no pain ever came on. Must have been a good one to get you above the boot.

Comment

Dang!!!! That’s scary!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Have you some quiet time to be thankful? Glad you are okay.

Comment

Holy cow. That would be so terrifying. Glad you're okay!

Comment

Working...
                              X