No announcement yet.

Experienced pro tile guys on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be at the house this afternoon and will tap the tiles. I have been through the house with the builder and we put blue tape all over the place. Everything is getting addressed, though. Man, what an ordeal. I can see why some people just buy a spec house: just sign the paper and move in. Arrggghhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
      I can see why some people just buy a spec house: just sign the paper and move in. Arrggghhhhhh.
      The last spec house I bought had impeccable tile work!

Really, though, you're paying the builder to take care of all this stuff. He should be taking care of it, not telling you to send an email to the trade ... unless you were the one that directly hired them to come in and do the work.

Comment

Ya that's crap work. I acted as the GC on our current house. Had major issues with our tile guy as well. I pointed out everything that needed to be fixed. Never saw the guy again. Luckily I was still holding a good bit of "his" $$. Ended up hiring a guy to rip out and completely re-do one bathroom. Still have one more to go. That was 2 years ago. Get yours taken care of PRONTO.

Comment

All I will say is, get it fixed before you move in!!!!

The builder knows you are up against a deadline to get moved in, they will use that against you. Find a place to live for 30 days and postpone closing. You won't regret it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X