Spa\Hot Tub - need GS SMEs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spa\Hot Tub - need GS SMEs

Do you have one and do you still use it?

Did you buy it new or was it used?

Wife and I took a ride today to check out hot tubs.

She suffers from chronic neck and shoulder pain, and hoping this can help.

How all this got started was a buddy offered his for free, but his kiddos X'ed that plan. But now the idea is planted in her mind this may be the relief she needs.

Not going to lie and say I don't want one, but man, the price of a new one. I'd probably finance it, which I'm not a big fan.

I've seen refurbished hot tubs for a fraction of the price, but the one we looked at today, i'm pretty sold on.

All steal frame, insulation is not rodent friendly, and the store selling it offers the installation of a level pad plus electric run.

We bought one used off o craigslist 5 or 6 years ago for $1000, used it 2-3 times a week, just upgraded to a little newer one we got from the neighbors. We get in it year around, never had a problem, little bromine and shock twice a week keeps it clean. I would consider a used spa, they are easily moved with a couple of guys and furniture dolleys and can be bought very reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
      We bought one used off o craigslist 5 or 6 years ago for $1000, used it 2-3 times a week, just upgraded to a little newer one we got from the neighbors. We get in it year around, never had a problem, little bromine and shock twice a week keeps it clean. I would consider a used spa, they are easily moved with a couple of guys and furniture dolleys and can be bought very reasonable.

Are most hot tubs (or yours at least) plumbed to run off gas or electricity? I imagine they would use a ton of electricity to heat them regularly.

Comment

Ours is electric, 220, cost around $600 to have a part time electrician wire it in, no significant increase in electric bill to be honest. It’s hotter than heck in Corpus most of the year, that may be the reason it is so cheap to heat.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
          Craigslist was where I've been looking. Only now she wants one of the ones that have the shoulder and neck jets.

I know she could benefit from it, but unsure if we can afford it. Would feel better if we could save up and pay cash.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
            Craigslist was where I've been looking. Only now she wants one of the ones that have the shoulder and neck jets.

I know she could benefit from it, but unsure if we can afford it. Would feel better if we could save up and pay cash.
            Get a cheap/free one off of Craigslist nd make sure you use it before you spend a bunch of money on a new one. They are worse than boats on resale value.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I dodge one. Wife got to thinking and realized now is not the right time to spend this kind of money.

My plan now is to fix up the backyard, keep my eyes pealed on CL, and if one comes along, I'll go grab it.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                Well I dodge one. Wife got to thinking and realized now is not the right time to spend this kind of money.

My plan now is to fix up the backyard, keep my eyes pealed on CL, and if one comes along, I'll go grab it.
                We bought ours used from the spa pool place on the west side of interstate 35 in round rock. Paid $2500 for it , I put in the pad and wired it myself. We sit in ours almost every night , during the summer we turn the heat off and sit in it to cool off. Great investment for us.

Comment

Working...
                X