Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucees feeder help

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
    I put a camera on it so I will know in 2 weeks about the coon situation but judging by the dirt all over it, it looks like they’ve spent some time on it. I just don’t see how they would be able to reach that spinner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the extend the bottom plate mods on the ASF thread after some folks reported coons able to get to the spinner. Some of those things have long arms if they can get to their shoulder. I don’t know why ASF didn’t extend the bottom plate to the feeder hopper box edge. They screwed the pooch there.

Here’s two of the 4 sides extended. You can see on the left how short the bottom plate stops ..
    Last edited by Smart; 09-26-2021, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Curious how much is Buccees version of the ASF feeder?

Comment

Originally posted by blincoln View Post

Was $399 for a couple of years. I think.
        It’s $459-479 now

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Originally posted by blincoln View Post

$480 I believe now. They were $400 last year

Comment

Guess their still using them bad timers.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                Guess their still using them bad timers.

Comment

OP, coons will definitely get to the spinner if you do not extend that bottom plate similar to what Smart posted. Collectively, we are probably running 20 or more of these feeders on our place and coon pilferage is the only issue we have had with them... except for one brand new one that had a bad motor... ASF replaced it for free for us...
                  That ASF timer as far as I am concerned is the best timer on the market for a 12 volt system. I use this one and The Timer on feeders, and they are both bullet proof almost. I like the ASF timer because you can set the motor speed to compensate for a wide or narrow throw. Even have one on a Krivoman directional feeder to control how far out it throws the corn... Flawless.

One caveat... The early versions of these feeders had an issue where the corn would hit the motor wires and damage them after a bit of time... I have one like that. The newer models they have on the market now have a small piece of conduit that protects the wires from the corn. I put a piece of 3/8 rubber fuel line in mine and that fixed my issue on the old one I have.
                  There's an old thread on here that has various tips and updates that's probably a couple years old that you might search for for additional good information...

Comment

A couple week's back I did Smart's mod to my Bucee's ASF. Also added crossbars to the legs.

Comment

Thanks y’all! This is what I was looking for

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        That ASF timer as far as I am concerned is the best timer on the market for a 12 volt system. I use this one and The Timer on feeders, and they are both bullet proof almost. I like the ASF timer because you can set the motor speed to compensate for a wide or narrow throw. .

Long time The Timer user and have become a big fan of the ASF timer as well. I have 3 in play right now with no issues. I actually prefer them on my timed protein feeders because of the ability to set the speed as you mentioned. The Timer breaks my protein up as it slams it against the inside of the walls before it drop into the trays and then the smaller pieces fall through the grates . The ASF low setting is perfect and most stays together and in the trays.

Comment

Both my buccees feeders have old black ASF timer going on 3yrs no issues so far.

Comment

I need to extended the plate on my feeder, what size are the plates? I can’t find the original post from SMART.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                              I need to extended the plate on my feeder, what size are the plates? I can’t find the original post from SMART.
                              Here are the plates I used from Home Depot. No cutting required. Spray painted them tan just for rust protection. At the time they were like $7-8. Joe Biden has them a little more expensive .. for some reason the link the provide us not working . Search Home Depot website for Everbilt 6 x 18 in. steel
                              sheet metal

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2245.png
Views:	80
Size:	271.5 KB
ID:	26671225

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-6-in-x-18-in-16-Gauge-Plain-Steel-Sheet-Metal-801467/204225705​
                              Last edited by Smart; 12-20-2023, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Thank you !!

Comment

Working...
                                X