Bucees feeder help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucees feeder help

Ok, what’s going on here? Last year I bought the 600 lb stand and fill from Bucees. Filled it 4 weeks prior to my first hunt and it was empty when I got back to hunt, to make a long story short, I figured out later that it was a timer issue causing it to go off at all random times that weren’t set. Fast forward to 11 weeks ago (July 4th) I put a new timer and battery in it and filled it up set to throw 3 seconds twice a day on medium speed. Get to the lease this weekend and it’s empty again. I figure that should have been way less than a bag per week and should have still had some in it. Did I underestimate? Also could it be coon loss, If so had anyone modified one to make more coon proof? Or are those timers just junk and need to swap out for a The Timer? Corns to dang high to be losing it. Thanks for yalls help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has you motor/timer housing slid down the rails and dumping way too much corn? Check your gap. So to speak

Comment

We had “the timer” on a feeder dump all the corn in one spin. A dead battery is a sure sign of that. Spun till it died.

Got a new timer. Good to go.

They had a bad run of “the timer” go out and it caused this.

What brand are you running now ? A ASF one ?

If you watch the test run and it all looks good maybe there is an outside enemy in your life.

Comment

I love the ASF timers they come with. Been running them on my timed protein feeders and my Bucees ASF feeder with no issues. I also run The Timer on other feeders.

Do you have a trail camera on your feeder to check for coons?

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
          We had “the timer” on a feeder dump all the corn in one spin. A dead battery is a sure sign of that. Spun till it died.

If you watch the test run and it all looks good maybe there is an outside enemy in your life.

He has the ASF timer.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Has you motor/timer housing slid down the rails and dumping way too much corn? Check your gap. So to speak
            Yes we had this issue come up also. After a spin the box fell down. For the wing nuts now I hand tighten and then take a pair of pliers and give it a extra half turn or so. No more issues.

Comment

I filled mine in the 28th of June. 4 secs 2x per day. I went 3 days ago and it had about a third left.
              I've never seen corn thieves be able to reach the spinner. I don't believe that would be possible.
              Something doesn't sound right.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

You probably have already done this but you need to make sure that all timer settings are turned to off except the ones you want set. Pretty sure the Bucees ASF doesnt have rails.. There is no box. Only adjustment is the spinner on the shaft.... but I could be mistaken. I've slept since I last looked at mine
                Last edited by Smart; 09-26-2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                  I filled mine in the 28th of June. 4 secs 2x per day. I went 3 days ago and it had about a third left.
                  I've never seen corn thieves be able to reach the spinner. I don't believe that would be possible.

That doesn’t sound to off to me. Almost been spinning three months.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    The motor is attached to the coon proof plate. It's not mounted on rails. The spinner can be adjusted up or down a bit I think though.

Comment

That doesn’t sound to off to me. Almost been spinning three months.
                      It's not off....I'm tickled with that amount!

Comment

Bucees feeder help

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        I love the ASF timers they come with. Been running them on my timed protein feeders and my Bucees ASF feeder with no issues. I also run The Timer on other feeders.

Do you have a trail camera on your feeder to check for coons?

I put a camera on it so I will know in 2 weeks about the coon situation but judging by the dirt all over it, it looks like they’ve spent some time on it. I just don’t see how they would be able to reach that spinner

Last edited by huntindude; 09-26-2021, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Yeah it’s the ASF “EZ timer” all looked good with a test throw

Comment

I was expecting something in that ballpark

Comment

The motor is attached to the coon proof plate. It's not mounted on rails. The spinner can be adjusted up or down a bit I think though.

Ahhhh… I missed the Bucees part

Comment

Working...
                              X