No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they were locked out of the campgrounds and had park outside and walk to their camp.

Comment

My wife and I will be there 10-9 for the Nilgai rifle hunt.

Comment

Questions for the hunters with some experience on the LANWR, what types of areas are most productive? Edges of open mud flats, water (if it’s dry), pinch points, tree lines, breaks in dense brush? I have a 6ft tripod, a pop-up, blind a pair of legs at my disposal. I’ve digitally scouted what I think would be best but where I hunt is East Texas is very different. I’ll be down there this weekend to do some scouting and will report back with what I discover.

Comment

Evening All. First time poster here.

Got drawn for the first archery hunt 11/6-11/10. Can’t wait. First time to the LA. Trying to scout and plan this thing out on short notice. Thinking I’m going to approach it like a hunt out west, backpacking in and hunting on the ground. Headed to CO in ‘21 so will use this as a flat land training run.

Reading back thru the old threads to learn as much as possible. Will be flying solo. If anyone is up for talking about scouting plans, lodging, celebratory beers, etc. I’m in. Happy to help out any of you good fellas if I’m able. Hope to meet some of y’all there.

Steve in Dripping Springs.

Comment

Originally posted by txfirefighter_04 View Post
            I’ll be hunting solo as well, but willing to help anyone pack out or track animal during the 12/4 hunt. Or team up with someone.
            I'll team up with ya.

Comment

Originally posted by jpdarby2 View Post
              Questions for the hunters with some experience on the LANWR, what types of areas are most productive? Edges of open mud flats, water (if it’s dry), pinch points, tree lines, breaks in dense brush? I have a 6ft tripod, a pop-up, blind a pair of legs at my disposal. I’ve digitally scouted what I think would be best but where I hunt is East Texas is very different. I’ll be down there this weekend to do some scouting and will report back with what I discover.
              I'll be out there to scout this weekend as well, im no expert by any means but I have been on the hunt a few times and do have a little knowledge about the place

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
                Won on 2nd draw boys, see you out there 11/06-11/10
                You are welcome! Best of luck. I elected to pass this year. I was originally drawn for that 11/6-10 hunt but had to just let it go. I would like to hunt out there at some point though! Yall post lots of pictures.

Comment

Well, I’m trying to get my ducks in a row for this hunt. I love the Sherpa cart and bike attachment. Probably going to snag that up for my mountain bike along with a bow mount for the handlebars.

Any recommendations on on the bow mount?

Also looking at picking up a Millennium T-100. My current “portable” tripod is too tall and about 100lbs.

Will I be able to mount this and carry it on the Sherpa cart? Concerned about length. If there’s better stand options. I’m certainly open to suggestions.

Also, I definitely need to get tubeless tires for the bike. Going to get in touch with my local bike shop and see what they can fix me up with.

Pumped about the trip. Still got to nail down some lodging, but I’m looking forward to hunting new country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2d round draw for 11/13, it'll be my first time hunting the mighty nilgai

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                      Well, I’m trying to get my ducks in a row for this hunt. I love the Sherpa cart and bike attachment. Probably going to snag that up for my mountain bike along with a bow mount for the handlebars.

Any recommendations on on the bow mount?

Also looking at picking up a Millennium T-100. My current “portable” tripod is too tall and about 100lbs.

Will I be able to mount this and carry it on the Sherpa cart? Concerned about length. If there’s better stand options. I’m certainly open to suggestions.

Also, I definitely need to get tubeless tires for the bike. Going to get in touch with my local bike shop and see what they can fix me up with.

Pumped about the trip. Still got to nail down some lodging, but I’m looking forward to hunting new country.

I bought a Millennium specifically for this hunt but found out that I rarely used it. The lack of tall trees/brush and the immobility is why I decided to go against it. In the end I ended up using a foldable chair.

For my bow I just strapped it my day pack.

For bike tires, I used slime tubes and a compact CO2 pump.

Comment

Bring your rain suit and muck boots boys!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CALopez View Post
                          Never mind. Got my answer. Who else is going 12/4-12/8 and would like to meet up? First timer here

I'll be down there. First timer as well. Let's try to link up. I don't have any set plans yet.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                            I am in for the Nov. 6th-10th. There are good things that happen in 2020!
                            Happy to see you win, now get the big one!

Comment

I also won't be able to make the orientation, I called yesterday and they said that because of COVID it will be virtual this year. He said an email will be sent out to all hunters soon with more info.

Comment

1st timer here as well for Dec 4-8.

Who wants to split hotel room? Up to 3 people total per room. Everyone has own bed.

Headed down this weekend to scout.

Justin

Comment

Working...
                                X