Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Panhandle Hunting Thread (6th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report:
    Took my middle boy up for the Youth weekend.
    Weather was perfect.
    We've gotten some rain.
    Once again, they emptied the 1500lb feeder in less than 3 weeks.
    Movement was good.

Bucks still in bachelor groups.
    Doe wanted no part of coming in with bucks dominating the feeder, they were immediately harassed.
    It won't be long.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4978R.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	24559074

Based on lack of older bucks, we're in management mode this year.

Name:	practice.jpg
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	24559070

Name:	rattler.jpg
Size:	276.5 KB
ID:	24559071

Sunday morning, he got his chance.

Name:	bluff.jpg
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	24559069

Name:	LCR doe.jpg
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	24559073

Great weekend.

Name:	sunset.jpg
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	24559072

Name:	5242R.jpg
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	24559075

Congrats Jeff and Mudslinger!
    Good luck everybody.

Comment

Seems like the bucks are starting to split up. Starting some scrape activity near my blind this week. Wish some bigger deer would come around or some does. Freezer is getting empty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to your son Clark, that's a horse of a doe. Looks like a perfect weekend. What caliber is the Ruger?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed up to Quanah this evening. Last weekend those bucks hadn’t split up. Weren’t interested in those does either. Very little sign and only a few bucks on camera. Need that first freeze. Seems like it won’t be this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
            Congrats to your son Clark, that's a horse of a doe. Looks like a perfect weekend. What caliber is the Ruger?
            Thanks Mike,
            M77 Hawkeye .243

Comment

Way to go Clark! Big congrats to you and your son!

Comment

Well done, Clark. As always.

And did I miss something about Mudslinger?

Kyle

Comment

I’m in for the evening sit. Checked cards this afternoon. Bigger deer showing up at most blinds. Groups starting to be doe buck mixes. I saw several scrapes today. I’m still seeing does and fawns in the middle of the day. They are eating the green growth the rain pushed up. Fairly optimistic for the evening. Good wind direction it could use a little more. I can’t believe I’m saying that in Garza county. I will try to update. Feeder rings at 6:30

Comment

View from the blind. I just had a coyote sound off real close. Not the start I’m looking for, but definitely on the hit list. It would be bad for Wylie to get in here.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Arrow away. Pig shot before feeder went off. Cull 7 and a button buck here now. 7 used to travel with mr big. Hope he still does. Another arrow already knocked.

Comment

Prime time. Hopefully he’ll show.

Comment

Cull is chasing a very mature doe all over and grunting a ton. I’m hoping mr big hears all this and comes by. If he’d leave the doe alone I’d shoot her as well. We have history with her stomping ways.

Comment

Photos of pigs pre arrow and cull
                            Attached Files

Comment

If anyone wants help culling a doe or buck, please let me know. Was unsuccessful getting on a lease this year.

Comment

Around McLean, believe Bucks breaking patterns and moving out if bachelor groups. Partner sat tonight and had 15 does come through and no bucks. I sat same stand a week ago and had 7 bucks come through. So far I passed a 7.5 year old 135” 8 point this year. We have more deer running around this year than usual. Feel like we should have some big boys show up in a few weeks.

Buck I passed a few weeks ago, had him on camera a few years, first time I have ever seen him in person.

Antelope I shot a few weeks ago west of HEREFORD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X