• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Congrats on your poser gayboy glam.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji3][emoji3][emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Don't make me post Pantera glam days videos and pics.

Lamb of God on the other hand was first known as Burn the Priest.

Comment

Don't make me post Pantera glam days videos and pics.

Lamb of God on the other hand was first known as Burn the Priest.

Didn’t Slayer use to cover poser metal?

Comment

The Metal (Music) Thread

Originally posted by Head Case View Post
          Walk With Me in Hell. It’s a love song. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/ZPzsx3AdHpw

Dude that’s ****ing terrible.

Like really bad.

I think you metal head boys try one up the other.

This is more my speed.

Last edited by Black Ice; 02-05-2023, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Gojira isn't bad.

They're no Lamb of God though.

Comment

Gojira isn't bad.

They're no Lamb of God though.

I’m old school and like to get down and dirty.

Comment

My son roped me into going to Mastadon, Gojira and Lorna Shore in April. I’m a big dude and an absolute target in a pit, and I have a feeling that pit is going to be pretty violent! Hahaha can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  https://youtu.be/uUjTTVkwlY8

I’m old school and like to get down and dirty.

We have different taste. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                    Tagged.

The HD station 93.3.3 No Control Radio has made Austin suck just a little less...since there are no actual metal or hard rock stations in the area. The kids and I were getting into a Heavy Metal Morning routine during school drop-off...before SARS 2.0 dropped the needle.

Id really like to hear of some suggested Texas metal bands that are asskickers...besides Pantera...especially female bands.

Five Fingered Death Punch seems to be a band that alot of veterans my age and even my high school nephew dig.

Does Rage Against The Machine count as metal?
                    If you haven't, listen to Pisces by JINGER.

Comment

I'm not a metal guy, but i really enjoy music and have read and kept up with this thread for fun. I always find the 'this band sucks' and 'that band sucks' trash talking amusing. it seems particularly pervasive among metal heads. It's good times. But the 'Pantera Sucks" commentary in particular put me in mind of an episode from back in they day.

We'll all remember that back in the day, at the height of the Dallas Stars Stanley Cup days, Pantera came up with the Dallas Stars them song. This was also shortly after KTCK, The Ticket, came on the air in DFW. Well somehow the Ticket guys got to know the boys in Pantera. Vinnie was a semi-regular guest on the Hardline. Well, one day the Hardline had a local band from the metropolis of Blue Mound in studio, Hellified Funk Crew (HFC). Side note: At one point HFC was sued by the Kentucky Fried Chicken folks for appropriating the Colonel Sanders KFC logo, and putting devil horns on him for the HFC logo, funny. Anyway the kids from HFC played a tune in studio, actually pretty good as i recall, and was enjoying their trip to the Ticket Studio. Soon enough Vinnie from Pantera called into the show and was talking hockey. M. Rhyner made the mistake of giving the ringleader of HFC the opportunity to talk to Vinnie. Whereupon that kid lit into to Vinnie, began telling him how much Pantera sucked, and went off. After several seconds Rhyner got the kid off the air, and Vinnie was pretty cool about it all. But i was reminded that there is not much tension like band tension. I know the story suffers in my retelling, but maybe there's a couple of folks out there that remember it, and the memory will spark a smile. Good times. Carry on...

Comment

HFC was fun the first couple of times I saw them at Trees. I knew those guys and partied with them. Bobzilla is still in a band in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          If you haven't, listen to Pisces by JINGER.
                          Great song. Taty rules.

Comment

HFC was fun the first couple of times I saw them at Trees. I knew those guys and partied with them. Bobzilla is still in a band in Dallas.

Saw them put on a show one time and wondered from time to time if they are still around. I think I still have a cd of theirs somewhere.

Comment

Ever since I heard of the band The Amity Affliction I've been a fan. They have some of the coolest sounds I've ever heard. A lot of their stuff cuts in and out of the hardcore sounds to more subtle music. I'll listen to Hatebreed on the drive to work and The Amity Affliction on the way home. It's just that kind of music I guess. I listen to a wide variety of stuff but I have to say it ranks as one of my favorites bands of all time. It's technically metalcore, don't necessarily know what that means but it's good. Or at least I think so.

I know this is probably going to sound strange to a lot of y'all but Fit For a King is also one of my favorites. I think they're technically a Christian metal band but they don't really sound like it. I never knew Christian and metal went together but......I guess that's not saying a lot. As I Lay Dying was said to be a Christian band and the lead singer tried to hire someone to kill his wife. What's most surprising to me is that he looks like the kind of guy that would just do it himself.
                              Last edited by okrattler; 02-06-2023, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Great song. Taty rules.

The first time I ever heard of JINGER I watched that music video of her singing Pisces live. I couldn't believe that sound came out of that person.

I like a lot of those kinds of songs. That transition to and from that. It's amazing to me that people can do that with their voice. From one extreme to the other. It's cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X